Upgrading electrics- is my agent correct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading electrics- is my agent correct

I have been reading up on the new regs and the need for a report for tenancies started from July 2020. I rent a 3 bed flat to students. Current students planned to move out in late June ( May of course be earlier due to Covid 19 ). New ones due to move in in September 2020.
    My last electrical safety report was done 4 years ago. No issues raised. The agents have said that 1) I need a new report and 2) the kitchen is not on its own individual circuit so will need to be reworked so its electricity supply is independent of the rest of the flat. Can I check please whether both these statements are correct? Thanks in advance.

If you can get an electrician to come out, I'd let them get on with it. Have you seen this thread: https://forums.landlordzone.co.uk/fo...y-certificates

There is a good deal of bullsh*t to deal with in this life. This is just another example of it.

Comment

Certainly, and a lot of it emanates from property agents.
      it would be good to know re the separate electricity circuits for kitchens. I guess you are right, the best thing is to ask an electrician. If anyone comes along who knows, I’d be grateful.

Comment

Point 1- will be a good idea as the existing one has only 1 year left (max- these are usually 5 year certs)
        Point 2- Talking manure (to be polite), as them to point out to a regulation that requires this in BS 7671 : 2018

Comment

Thank you bald electrician I suspected as much. Good to know it’s not in “the regs”.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X