Fire Risk Assessment for converted property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire Risk Assessment for converted property

The building in question is a converted property (built end of 19th Century) and converted before 1992.
    There are three flats - (flat 1 lower ground and ground floor has an independent entrance). Flat 2 is on a first floor and Flat 3 on second floor. Flat 2 and 3 share the same entrance to the communal area.
    Flat 2 has recently extended his property (from 1 bed flat to 2 beds flat).
    We are sharing the freehold of the property.
    What are the fire risk requirements for such a property. Please let me know if you have further information to get a more accurate answer.
    Thanking you in advance

With a property like that the effective requirement is that you have an assessment done by an appropriate expert. There isn't enough information to do a fire risk assessment on the basis of your posting, and is likely that you wouldn't know the important information to provide.

Actually, it is that you had a expert assessment on 2006, and another one at the time the flat was extended, and almost certainly at other intervals as well (typical advice is professionally every five years or after significant changes, and review every year and after minor changes).

You can assume that there will need to be emergency lighting and self closing fire doors, but extensive alarm systems, or structural improvements may also be needed. The external shared door will need to be openable with a single action, and without a key, from the inside.

Comment

I have a very similar property to that described by Affinity member, but where do I go to find an expert who will do a reasonable assessment for me - any suggestions?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X