Electrical work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrical work

My tenant has just informed me that an ‘electrician friend’ has replaced a light/shaver socket in the bathroom. Do I need to see written proof of this person’s competence?

IMO no, Just inform T you will not pay for any work not authorised by you and T is resp for cost of any repairs reqd.

Comment

On a safety issue, yes, because YOU are responsible for anyone's death in your property if caused via electrocution.
      Try proving in a court that you protected your tenant from bad workmanship, by NOT having the installation done by you, via a qualified electrician, and not having the tenants replacement inspection verified by you, via a qualified electrician.

You get the replacement verified, by you.
      Then you charge the tenant for it.
      You state that no repairs, replacement, alterations of any kind are permitted.

You also state that, not only above, but it is you who goes to prison, if a tenant is injured by his own failings of bad workmanship, however caused, and to alleviate any future problems for you, you unfortunately have to have the installation checked, at the tenants cost.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X