Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaseholder64
    replied
    Most of our blocks actually have the cheap time before midnight. They are currently on SolarDIal clocks (except when someone who didn't understand them replaced one with a, cheap, fixed period time, and failed to make arrangements to have it reset throughout the year). They use pneumatic push switches after midnight. As such, when the seven hours fall makes a big difference.

(They are about to be changed to sensor ones.)

Leave a comment:

• baldelectrician
    replied
    Originally posted by leaseholder64 View Post
    The night time tariffs tend to give you so many cheap hours at night, but you can take pot luck on when that period starts. It turned out that one of ours is after midnight!.
    Thats about right- the times ate GMT so it will be 12am-8am summer and 11pm-7am winter
    Most off peak tariffs do not change times with the seasons.

Leave a comment:

• leaseholder64
    replied
    The night time tariffs tend to give you so many cheap hours at night, but you can take pot luck on when that period starts. It turned out that one of ours is after midnight!.

Leave a comment:

• baldelectrician
    replied
    Something like this (you get round bulkhead ones but the linear ones are better for corridors / stairs etc)

https://www.screwfix.com/p/enlite-tw...ails_container

You could change all but a few lights to sensor ones (otherwise the corridors would be in pitch black if there was no movement) and have the timer bypassed

Leave a comment:

• baldelectrician
    replied
    If it is for lights consider an E7 tariff as these give lower prices at night (11pm-7am GMT).

Leave a comment:

• kmcd73
    replied
    thanks for the replies. we have been on a developer variable rate, even after developing the flats had finished, so hoping a fixed rate or another supplier would be enthusiastic to take us on a different rate as a domestic account..

Leave a comment:

• Flashback1966
    replied
    My information may be out of date, as I looked into this a few years ago, but I was being charged business tariff. We had push buttons for the light, so the usage was minimal, but it was costing a fortune in standing charge.

Domestic tariffs have better rates, as some had no standing charge. The only way they would have changed it, was if I was living in the property and I was also the Freeholder (which I was).

Leave a comment:

• leaseholder64
    replied
    Ours is on a business plan. (On the other hand, the garden water is treated as domestic, and that isn't just an oversight.)

Leave a comment:

• kmcd73
    started a topic Landlord Electric Supply to Communal Areas

Landlord Electric Supply to Communal Areas

Hi, does anyone know if the landlord electric supply to a communal area has to be on a business plan rather than a domestic electric plan? was looking to change supplier after few years with same electric company? obviously in communal area its only used for hallway lighting.

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X