Call Point

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call Point

Can an electrician change this or do they need to be Fire Safe to change them?
    I need a call point changed - i have bought it - its for a fire fault i have on a fire panel.
    Thank you.

I'm not aware of any competent persons scheme for fire alarms. However, if you have such a system, you should have an annual maintenance contract tot demonstrate that you are adequately maintaining it, and the company that does that may be the best first choice.

Comment

There is an accreditation scheme (BAFE SP203-1) Very new, I understand it has had a good take up in the industry but you might struggle to find smaller contractor.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Electrical report queries
        mystic08
        I've just had two reports done on a pair of adjoining properties which are fifteen years old. They say the distribution boards are not fire rated as the boxes should be metal (post Grenfell recommendation). Quote for replacement is £450 each. They say the hard wired smoke detectors require replacement....
        14-03-2019, 17:36 PM
      • Reply to Electrical report queries
        Harwood
        To be fair, sounds like you have engaged him to do a fixed wiring check, this wouldn't cover any intruder alarm or associated equipment.
        As baldelectrician states, he should test the wiring and accessories to the supply point, but not the equipment itself
        23-03-2019, 17:59 PM
      • Emergency Lighting
        kjarvo89
        I live in a flat in a block with 4 floors. I pay a service charge and have a long lease.

Recently, the management company has changed the lighting in the communal areas to light switches that you have to push in and last for a few minutes before they pop out. There are 3 switches on my...
        22-03-2019, 16:58 PM
      • Reply to Emergency Lighting
        Harwood
        Your FRA, under the fire safety order should cover emergency lighting, however your concern seems to be about walking in the now darkened communal area.
        perhaps the Health and Safety RA may be more appropriate as that must consider trips and falls and should include adequate lighting to prevent....
        23-03-2019, 17:51 PM
      • Reply to Emergency Lighting
        leaseholder64
        What does the fire risk assessment say? The way the law works is that you have to have a fire risk assessment and comply with it. They law is not prescriptive as to how you make the building safe, so it is not possible to give a definitive answer to your question without having some do a risk assessment...
        22-03-2019, 18:56 PM
      • Is this Scam ?? GAS SUPPLY
        alenuk
        Dear All

Can you help pls to identify is this letter scam or not

I have been renting the property in London for over 10 years but now suddenly new tenant has received the letter about not having the gas matter in the flat and inspection needed by Surveyor??
        Does that...
        GAS SUPPLY
        10-03-2019, 23:29 PM
      • Reply to Is this Scam ?? GAS SUPPLY
        kjarvo89
        I got a letter the same from {Mod - name removed}. I didn't respond because it looked a bit fishy, but I have seen their van around my area.

I probably should have replied, but it was months ago now and I haven't heard since.
        22-03-2019, 16:52 PM
        mystic08
        Many thanks for the clarification. The reports are therefore valid but I'm unhappy with the bad advice he gave me by saying they didn't need servicing just new batteries. I don't think I'll be using that company again....
        20-03-2019, 08:48 AM
        baldelectrician
        I do a sample dismantling of items- checking EVERY item can introduce faults as you can take a socket off and catch a cable on a screw when putting it back.

I do check all smoke alarms but not burglar alarms as these should have a maintenance contract (I usually check the supply to an intruder...
        20-03-2019, 04:00 AM
        JK0
        Looked inside the alarm boxes?

They don't even look inside socket boxes.
        17-03-2019, 16:57 PM
      Working...
      X