Carbon Monoxide Detector

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon Monoxide Detector

I had a gas safety technician once who mentioned they can install something on the boiler to detect carbon monoxide leakage, I'm not sure what this is called. Does anyone know? Is this any different that installing a carbon monoxide detector? The reason I ask if I supply a carbon monoxide detector, I'll have to supply with batteries which would require my presence to replace them. Whereas whatever this solution that is provided by a gas fitter, could be fitted to the mains of the boiler?

Modern battery alarms have batteries that can't be replaced and last the life of the alarm.

I'd imagine any sensor in the boiler would be in the flue gasses, not in free air.

Comment

Originally posted by leaseholder64 View Post
      Modern battery alarms have batteries that can't be replaced and last the life of the alarm.

I'd imagine any sensor in the boiler would be in the flue gasses, not in free air.
      Thanks leaseholder64. I'll just a buy a carbon monoxide detector and hope it lasts 10 years. On the next boiler safety check, I'll look into it.

Comment

Although CO detectors are good to have and I do put them in my rented properties, I would note that it's not actually a legal requirement to have one unless a solid fuel heating system (i.e. wood-burning stove or similar) is used. An annual gas safety check is legally sufficient otherwise. I only say this so you don't stress excessively on this point.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesHopeful View Post
          Although CO detectors are good to have and I do put them in my rented properties, I would note that it's not actually a legal requirement to have one unless a solid fuel heating system (i.e. wood-burning stove or similar) is used. An annual gas safety check is legally sufficient otherwise. I only say this so you don't stress excessively on this point.
          JamesHopeful - I have learned this now. I'm not overly stressed, but I am putting one in near the boiler for safety.

Comment

Near the boiler is an incorrect location. I think they need to be 2m away.

Comment

Although not a legal requirement i too put them in my properties, the house i live in, and the boat. I would hate for anyone to be put in danger just for 14 quid.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X