Landlord with NO Gas Safety Checks - Please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Landlord with NO Gas Safety Checks - Please help

I have become aware of a private landlord who has in excess of 50 properties let out to private tenants and none of the houses have a gas safety check on them - nothing...

Please can you advise me of what could happen to this person - the reason I ask is that a friend of mine has just started working for them and Im worried they will get into trouble if something happens - what advise can you offer me?

Your help is greatly appreciated

Issues with lack of gas saftey ( CP12 ) Cert

1) Landlord faces a fine
    2) Landlord faces prison
    3) Tenants face possible DEATH!!!!!

REPORT HIM NOW!!! To your local environmental health office

Comment

Originally posted by Colincbayley View Post
      REPORT HIM NOW!!! To your local environmental health office
      I can't believe that not one of the 50-odd tenants in any of these properties has not already done so.

Troll?

Comment

Originally posted by Ericthelobster View Post

Troll?
        Maybe, but you never know who else will read this!

Comment

I think most of the properties are cheap rents with foreign people living in them.....

Comment

we have just had our gas cut off becouse we have been complaining about fumes! transco came and we are now gasless!!!!!

i asked landlord for certificate and she doesnt have one!!!!

me and my foreign girlriend have a high rent!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Fire Report Assessments
              Sophie178
              We are two Victorian houses converted back in 1974 into 7 flats (4 flats share the same entrance and communal area whilst the remaining 3 have their own separate entrances and have no access to the communal area).

We have had a FRA carried out in which they state we need to:
              1. Fit all
              15-01-2018, 14:43 PM
            • Reply to Fire Report Assessments
              Sophie178
              Many thanks all. This is immensely helpful. Will get the managing agents to pull their fingers out!
              16-01-2018, 11:11 AM
              leaseholder64
              I think that the OP was confused by the date of the regulatory reform order (passed in 2005, although I think not live until 2006).

What that did was to make people liable for the fire safety of blocks; it didn't introduce any new standards for fire safety.

If the block is...
              16-01-2018, 00:09 AM
              Fire Risk Assessor
              Seems to be some confusion on dates. Properties converted prior to the updating of Building Regulations in 1991 (introduced in June 92) would be classed as a conversion. We can't be sure of the standard of fire resistance, therefore we provide a detection system and full evacuation, as stated. The...
              15-01-2018, 23:34 PM
              leaseholder64
              Every block of flats with communal areas, even if built after the introduction of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order, must comply with it, not just those that pre-date it. Ones built after, or soon before, it are unlikely to require remedial work, unless some of the assumptions in the original...
              15-01-2018, 18:06 PM
              Sophie178
              Many thanks Leaseholder64. So in other words every block of flats built or house conversions in the UK prior to 2005 have to have these regulations? Regrettably, our Managing agent only carried it out in 2016 but as of yet has not yet implemented any of it despite the directors of the Freehold authorising...
              15-01-2018, 16:02 PM
              leaseholder64
              All look reasonable.

Planning permission is irrelevant.

Fire safety law takes precedence over the original planning consents, although you will generally not be required to bring things up to current building control standards, unless you replace them..

You are...
              15-01-2018, 15:28 PM
            • Fire Door Regualtions
              C Lewis
              I'm converting a 3 storey house into 3 flats, the entrance to each is on a shared staircase inside the house, so technically they are internal doors.

Each flat is fitted with an FD30 and locks with a fire rated thumb turn lock. I would like to offer the tenants the additional security of...
              15-01-2018, 11:29 AM
            • Reply to Fire Door Regualtions
              leaseholder64
              Also, any rules about chains or thumb turns would likely be the same as those for doors opening onto a safe part of the outside world.
              15-01-2018, 12:10 PM
            Working...
            X