Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kitchen extractor fan installation

Hi
    we are planning on installing a new kitchen extractor fan. Does it need its own rcd /circuit?

Most of mine just took a spur off the back of the cooker point to a fused connection unit in the cupboard next to the hood.

Comment

It's subject to building regulations, being in a kitchen, so the building control people or the competent persons scheme contractor should be able to tell you.

Comment

Electrician wants to stick it on another circuit. Not sure if this is the ideal. Or if it will cause problems later.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Electrical report queries
          mystic08
          I've just had two reports done on a pair of adjoining properties which are fifteen years old. They say the distribution boards are not fire rated as the boxes should be metal (post Grenfell recommendation). Quote for replacement is £450 each. They say the hard wired smoke detectors require replacement....
          14-03-2019, 17:36 PM
        • Reply to Electrical report queries
          Harwood
          To be fair, sounds like you have engaged him to do a fixed wiring check, this wouldn't cover any intruder alarm or associated equipment.
          As baldelectrician states, he should test the wiring and accessories to the supply point, but not the equipment itself
          23-03-2019, 17:59 PM
        • Emergency Lighting
          kjarvo89
          I live in a flat in a block with 4 floors. I pay a service charge and have a long lease.

Recently, the management company has changed the lighting in the communal areas to light switches that you have to push in and last for a few minutes before they pop out. There are 3 switches on my...
          22-03-2019, 16:58 PM
        • Reply to Emergency Lighting
          Harwood
          Your FRA, under the fire safety order should cover emergency lighting, however your concern seems to be about walking in the now darkened communal area.
          perhaps the Health and Safety RA may be more appropriate as that must consider trips and falls and should include adequate lighting to prevent....
          23-03-2019, 17:51 PM
        • Reply to Emergency Lighting
          leaseholder64
          What does the fire risk assessment say? The way the law works is that you have to have a fire risk assessment and comply with it. They law is not prescriptive as to how you make the building safe, so it is not possible to give a definitive answer to your question without having some do a risk assessment...
          22-03-2019, 18:56 PM
        • Is this Scam ?? GAS SUPPLY
          alenuk
          Dear All

Can you help pls to identify is this letter scam or not

I have been renting the property in London for over 10 years but now suddenly new tenant has received the letter about not having the gas matter in the flat and inspection needed by Surveyor??
          Does that...
          GAS SUPPLY
          10-03-2019, 23:29 PM
        • Reply to Is this Scam ?? GAS SUPPLY
          kjarvo89
          I got a letter the same from {Mod - name removed}. I didn't respond because it looked a bit fishy, but I have seen their van around my area.

I probably should have replied, but it was months ago now and I haven't heard since.
          22-03-2019, 16:52 PM
          mystic08
          Many thanks for the clarification. The reports are therefore valid but I'm unhappy with the bad advice he gave me by saying they didn't need servicing just new batteries. I don't think I'll be using that company again....
          20-03-2019, 08:48 AM
          baldelectrician
          I do a sample dismantling of items- checking EVERY item can introduce faults as you can take a socket off and catch a cable on a screw when putting it back.

I do check all smoke alarms but not burglar alarms as these should have a maintenance contract (I usually check the supply to an intruder...
          20-03-2019, 04:00 AM
          JK0
          Looked inside the alarm boxes?

They don't even look inside socket boxes.
          17-03-2019, 16:57 PM
        Working...
        X