Mattress - BS6807

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mattress - BS6807

Hello, I provide for each of my student tenants a bed including & mattress. One of my mattresses does not have the normal fire safety BS7177 label. Instead it has a BS6807 label (see photo). Does anyone know if this label is considered acceptable or am I going to have to dispose of this (high quality!) mattress?

I believe all upholstery made since around 89 is compliant.

Comment

7177 doesn't appear to be mentioned in any legislation, whereas 6807 is. 6807 is the testing method. 7177 is the results that need to be achieved when that method is followed.

Comment

Thanks. Unfortunately I’m unsure when this mattress was made.

Comment

Thanks leaseholder64.
          All new mattresses have the BS7177 label (ie the result that needs to be achieved - as you say), not BS6807.

In which case am I ok to keep the mattress with just BS6807 (ie testing method) ? Or do I need to replace it for one with BS7177?

Comment

Hi! I'm still unsure whether my mattress with just the BS6807 label attached is acceptable for me as a landlord to provide for my student let! Its a high quality one so I'd be sad to dispose of it due to fire safety concerns - if there is indeed any concerns! Does anyone have any knowledge and/or recommendations on this?

Comment

It can't be over 30 years old, can it? Then I'd say it's okay.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X