• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gas safety & additional work

Hi All
    Looking for advise / thoughts
    our property is managed via a management company
    we recently had a routine gas safety cert inspection carried out - this was all good and the property passed ..... however
    when the guy was there doing the cert apparently the tennent stated there was an issue with the hot water / heating
    he took it upon himself (no contact with me or the management company) to investigate the fault decide we need a new controller - drive an hour to buy said controller (the property is in a main town with plumbing / DIY shops) then fit the controller and present us with a hefty bill - £160
    I am frustrated to say the least as I carry out most repairs myself and would have been more than capable of changing a controller
    I check the price we were charged for the controller as well - this turns out to be more than for identical controller ...

I guess I am happy to pay something but not the hours travelling time am I being reasonable ?

thanks for any feed back

Simon

What you pay is pretty much up to you.

Have you contacted the tradesman to ask him why on earth he did the work?
    My guess is that the tenant "authorised" the work (alternatively the tradesman is an idiot).
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X