Pond safety

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pond safety

so we have a very small pond - maybe three to four feet long and about two feet deep at the most. We'd like to keep it because it's in a property we are likely to return to as our retirement home in the next couple of years, and we dug it out ourselves. So far, we've only ever let to people without kids or kids old enough not to try breathing underwater while playing in the garden.

Now, though, we have a guy about to move in with two girls 8 and 9 years old. He's passed referencing and obviously saw the property as is and didn't object. However, the letting agent is advising us to get rid of the pond which we're loathe to do. Obviously, they're trying to cover themselves.

We're thinking of getting a handyman we know to knock together a wooden/chicken wire frame to put over it. We're also thinking of asking him to sign some form of disclaimer so that he won't hold us liable if the worst happens. But something in me tells me that would not look good in court should it ever come to that.

Any thoughts?

chicken wooden frame over it if they fall in then, they will really be in trouble

Comment

Drain it and fill it with sand.
      Sandpit for the kids, nice feature.

Dig the sand out and make a pond again if/when you move back.

Comment

Get rid, no matter who tenants are

Comment

Way I would look at is realistically yes kids shouldn’t play in it fall in it trip into it etc. Could you live with yourself if kid was playing tripped hot head and drowned. Sorry know you want to go back there but I’d get rid

Comment

thanks for the advice everyone

Comment

Sorry for the late reply, but haven't been able to post on the forum for days.

Have you looked into a pond safety net, such as in the link below, instead of cobbling something together with chicken wire.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BULLNETS-..._ez4q3dCLT736g

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X