Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire doors

Hi All,
    I'll be looking to rent out my property to 4 different individuals which will not require a HMO license.
    I would like to know if I need to change the kitchen door to a fire door or indeed if all the doors need to changed to fire doors.

thank you.

I think you should post in the HMO section.

Comment

Not sure yours, my from my local area (extended licensing) HMO required all sleeping areas and fire escapes routes to be protected from fire for up to 30minutes, this means I needed to add fire doors to the kitchen and all bedrooms, living room was fine as it was not part of the fire escape route.

Comment

The need for fire doors depends on the detailed layout and construction. It will also vary with councils.

However, the general assumption is that HMO tenants will not help other tenants to escape.

Comment

Originally posted by bassmonster View Post
          I'll be looking to rent out my property to 4 different individuals which will not require a HMO license.
          I would like to know if I need to change the kitchen door to a fire door or indeed if all the doors need to changed to fire doors.
          The Fire Risk Assessment you are required to carry out because it's an HMO will confirm what needs to be done.

Don't forget all the other HMO related legislation that applies, even though no licence is required.
          When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
          Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X