Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaks

Hi,

I have recently become the freeholder of a block of flats and I have a question to ask regarding internal leaks.

Unfortunately one of the flats within the building continually leaks on the flat below and this has now been going on for a number of years. It is my belief that the continual leaks are caused buy poor workmanship as the owner of the leaky flat has made extensive modifications to her property without seeking authority from the freeholder (at the time) or the council & we know that both bathrooms and kitchens have been added and taken away again.

I am beginning to become concerned that these continual leaks could be causing structural damage to the building (they have caused the ceiling of the flat below to bow) and I would like to know if there is anything I can do as a freeholder to make sure that the structural integrity of the building has not been compromised?

Kind regards,

I think I would be making an appointment to view with a surveyor.

Comment

The National Gas Emergency Service will identify the source of the leak and repair it, free of charge. You can contact them on 0800 111999.

Comment

Originally posted by cscanlan91 View Post
        The National Gas Emergency Service will identify the source of the leak and repair it, free of charge. You can contact them on 0800 111999.
        Guess you did not read the thread at all before posting?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X