tenant obligations for deliveries/repairs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tenant obligations for deliveries/repairs

I've ordered a new washer/dryer for my tenants although the old one still works (it's just very old!) but the delivery firm cannot confirm the 4 hour delivery slot until day before. My tenants are refusing to arrange to be home for the delivery unless it is before 11am which after the third attempt is still not successful.
    Do tenants have to take reasonable time off to be home for deliveries/repair work provided they are given ample notice or is it solely the landlord's responsibility to take time out to wait for deliveries?

if the tenants wanted a delivery of their own they would arrange time! let them arrange time! people can become slaves to their tenants, i say be the landlord.

Comment

The pragmatic answer is to leave 'em with the old one then. It works...

Of course it is up to L to provide the services that are promised in the lease.
      The contents of this note are neither advice nor a definitive answer. If you plan to rely on this, you should pay somebody for proper advice.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Advice please - tenant potentially challenging Section 21
        newlandlord17
        I was an unexpected landlord when I inherited a property recently. Originally I thought I wanted to carry on but then the tenant was nagging about small repairs and when my contractor went in he said the house was very messy, there was a smell of cat urine and a lampshade and door had been damaged....
        20-07-2017, 10:21 AM
      • Reply to Advice please - tenant potentially challenging Section 21
        theartfullodger
        Would need to expire after end fixed term.

Have S3 & s48 notices been served prior to s21?

Are you confident s21 was valid? Told by solicitor Tuesday that 70% of landlords s21s are invalid....
        20-07-2017, 12:22 PM
      • Agent refusing to give reference until we hand in notice
        Jenny7
        Hi, hope you can offer some insight, we are looking to move rental property due to new job starting in September in a new location.
        So thankfully we've a window to shop around to find a new place.
        We've found one suitable spot but we're still looking around, the new place has asked for credit...
        17-07-2017, 12:10 PM
      • Reply to Agent refusing to give reference until we hand in notice
        Jenny7
        thanks, but it's exactly this sort of thing we wish to avoid, bad faith and stress :-(
        is the rental system really set up like this? to prevent tenants from looking and shopping and moving with ease?
        I guess we've rented the same spot so long we figured we could move when chose not be subject...
        20-07-2017, 12:22 PM
        JK0
        I wouldn't sweat it. Worse comes to worse, you can stay on at the end of your notice. Landlord would still have to go to court to get rid of you.
        20-07-2017, 12:17 PM
      • Claiming for Non protected deposit
        charliesugar
        This is posted on behalf of my cleaner who approached me for help after her last landlord failed to reply to her repeated requests for return of her deposit.
        She rented a room in a shared house in London, AST, weekly rent all paid on time. Notice given and accepted, room left neat and clean....
        27-06-2017, 13:18 PM
      • Reply to Claiming for Non protected deposit
        charliesugar
        So, the weeks have passed by with no reply from the landlord. I decided to give him a call myself today just to get a feel for the situation. He basically tried to deny that he was the agent in question but then went on to say he would not be paying anything back. We have contacted one of the No Win...
        20-07-2017, 12:16 PM
        Jenny7
        thanks all for the useful advice and insight
        we contacted the LL directly since I posted but she is taking advice from our current agent who are saying it would be utterly unfair to provide a reference before we hand in our notice as it would not leave them time to advertise and the house would...
        20-07-2017, 12:15 PM
        JK0
        Then you want confirmation of all those items in writing to send to the court....
        20-07-2017, 12:15 PM
        newlandlord17
        The agent tells me everything was done properly when the tenancy was started, presumably I don't need to redo it all now?
        20-07-2017, 12:12 PM
      Working...
      X