Devaluation of property with assured tenant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devaluation of property with assured tenant

I read on the forum that assured tenant in situ devalues property.
    Someone mentioned 50 % of value ?? Is this accurate?

Thoughts please on what is the going rate of devaluation for assured (SAT) tenant in situ.
    All posts in good faith, but do not rely on them

You can search the forums here:

I would want at least 40 - 50% discount in this situation!

**** THE DAMMED ****

Comment

Would an assured tenant devalue that much? You still should get market rent unlike a rent act tenant.

Comment

Whats the rate for a rent act tenancy then?

Comment

Originally posted by Bel View Post
          Whats the rate for a rent act tenancy then?
          Low.

But more to the point, is it worth the grief?

Comment

Originally posted by Colincbayley View Post
            Low.

But more to the point, is it worth the grief?
            Depends. Low price may be counterbalanced by hope that property will eventualy fall vacant.
            JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
            1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
            2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
            3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
            4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
              Depends. Low price may be counterbalanced by hope that property will eventualy fall vacant.
              True!

Comment

Depends on the property and the location and the age of the tenant and how close the fair rent is to the market rent. Oh yes, and what the housing market is like to.

If you guess at 50% for a Rent Act tenant you won't be a million miles away.
                The contents of this note are neither advice nor a definitive answer. If you plan to rely on this, you should pay somebody for proper advice.

Comment

Assured Tenancy

We will pay up to 70% of VP depending on age of tenant/s, location etc

Call me - 0845 257 0170

Will pay 1% of purchase price to introducer's and minimum of £1000 plus VAT of lawyers fees

Very quick completion

No hard sell - with free appraisal and no obligation

Comment

Needless to say it depends on the property...3 or more Students on a Joint and several Assured would not devalue a property...........
                    "Better an empty property than a tenant without a guarantor"

Comment

But the mere presence of students could well devalue its fabric and structural integrity!
                      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
                      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
                      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
                      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
                      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Usually buyers want to see at least the 5% of the property value back from the rent they earn every year. In your case, someone investing in your property will do that because he/she is interested in making sure these money get in their pockets after they buy the property. It's a classic buy-to-let scheme.

So, if you consider that it takes 10 years to cover half of the cost of the property, and you sell your house/flat for 50% off, that means the new landlord will virtually see his mortgage paid off in 10 years by using the rent they receive from the tenants, which sounds quite like a big deal for the buyer.

If you let your buyer know this, you could still haggle on the price of your property, by providing good tenants' history, on-time payments etc.

Take care and good luck!

Ryan
                        OutRentHome.com the Home You Want, the People You Want

Comment

Originally posted by rinomanfroni View Post
                          and you sell your house/flat for 50% off, that means the new landlord will virtually see his mortgage paid off in 10 years by using the rent they receive from the tenants, which sounds quite like a big deal for the buyer.
                          You have completely misunderstood this for the new L is likely to see rents of "50% off" (sic) too - hence the investment is no better than any other.
                          The contents of this note are neither advice nor a definitive answer. If you plan to rely on this, you should pay somebody for proper advice.

Comment

Wickerman and others;
                            I would be grateful if you could contribute to my thread in finance on valuing a half share in an investment.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Part Admission of Debt MCOL Help!
                              nessa
                              Hi, hoping someone can help.

First claim on mcol, so I’m finding my feet.

I have just received forms n9a and n9b from the court, regarding the defendants part admission to my claim started in mcol.

However that was all I have received, I received no other forms...
                              24-01-2018, 06:15 AM
                            • Erroneous Change Of Occupancy Fee
                              Sonofahod
                              Hi There,

I am planning to move out of a shared rental property in March. Foxtons, the agency managing the property want to charge me a £300 "Change of Occupancy" administration fee as we have not reached the full term of the tenancy. I realise that the fee covers both me leaving...
                              23-01-2018, 13:16 PM
                            • Reply to Erroneous Change Of Occupancy Fee
                              mariner
                              Your information is severely deficient,
                              Of course a move out inspection can be chargedeven with no move in report.
                              You accepted LA fees by proceeding with Application.
                              Deposit ADR cannot be used to contest Agency fees.
                              24-01-2018, 02:53 AM
                            • Attending Court - Advice Please
                              Muzza
                              Hi there

I posted recently about our tenant leaving and giving her ex the keys to our house, we have a court date of 4th January for which Im flying back to the UK to attend (no contact or rent received from the persons she has left in there still). I feel hes staying in there as long...
                              12-12-2017, 18:03 PM
                            • Reply to Attending Court - Advice Please
                              Muzza
                              Thank you, Ill take a look!
                              24-01-2018, 02:31 AM
                            • Broken Boiler
                              andy967
                              HI - our boiler broke yesterday - our landlord is currently waiting for a quote for a new boiler - however one of the problems we have is that she lives abroad. It consequently means she's able to speak to people in the uk about any sort of business matter for 3 hours in the afternoon. I'm wondering...
                              23-01-2018, 13:55 PM
                            • Reply to Broken Boiler
                              Muzza
                              I live in the US at the moment, 7 hours behind the UK, yes its difficult BUT when my boiler broke I had someone out within 2 days, one thing she should have in place is a boiler cover or she should have tradesmen lined up who she trusts so if something goes wrong she can get in touch with them immediately,...
                              24-01-2018, 02:29 AM
                            • Section 8 notice served, what next
                              lakemk
                              Hi section 8 notice was served for rent arrears last wk, it doesn’t look like the tenant is going to pay , my question is what should I do next to prepare me for the court as I never been.

I ve seen the post before abt the tenant may defend for disrepair, the house in fairly good condition...
                              22-01-2018, 21:46 PM
                            • Reply to Section 8 notice served, what next
                              Muzza
                              Hi - I attended court a few weeks ago, we used several grounds in the section 8, the mandatory one being the rent arrears, they didnt put a defence in, show up or pay so the judge just asked for proof I had served the section 8 (proof of postage receipts from the PO) and an up to date rent statement...
                              24-01-2018, 02:24 AM
                            • Leak into downstairs flat - advice
                              Dberry
                              Hi,

I'm new the forum and the UK and wonder if you can advise…
                              I’ve recently moved to the UK from Canada and so I’m not sure of rights and liabilities... I moved into my flat a few months ago and caused a leak into the apartment below me by leaving the tap running in the bathroom...
                              23-01-2018, 08:50 AM
                            Working...
                            X