S8 and S21 typed/expiry?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S8 and S21 typed/expiry?

Hi there, this follows on from a previous thread i started but is very concise and specific.

Firstly, for both a Section 8 and Section 21 form, is it ok to type the content (apart from signatures, declarations etc)?

Secondly, for a Section 8, is there a limit to apply to court for repossession after it the expiry of the notice? For instance, if the notice is for 14 days, how long have i got to apply to the County Courts after this date? I know this may seem like a stupid question but there is some logic to it in this case!

Thanks,

Swine

Type: yes

As long as the tenancy still exists and in the case of s8 the tenant is still in breach of the grounds you rely on, I do not believe there is a time limit on s8.
    There is no time limit on s21.
    All posts in good faith, but do not rely on them

You can search the forums here:

Comment

Just seen something that says s8 must be done within a year
      All posts in good faith, but do not rely on them

You can search the forums here:

Comment

Originally posted by Bel View Post
        Just seen something that says s8 must be done within a year
        Yes. S.8(3)(c): Notice has to advise T that "those proceedings will not begin later than twelve months from the date of service of the Notice."
        JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
        4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Thank you both. Jeffery, where can i get this information from? If it's the complete Housing Act, then i might get myself a copy and educate myself a little.

Cheers,

Swine

Comment

Originally posted by swinefever View Post
            Thank you both. Jeffery*, where can i get this information from? If it's the complete Housing Act, then i might get myself a copy and educate myself a little.

Cheers,

Swine
            See http://www.statutelaw.gov.uk/Home.aspx for all Acts of Parliament- but not amendwents to them.

(*: and it's 'Jeffrey'!)
            JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
            1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
            2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
            3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
            4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X