S8 and S21 typed/expiry?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S8 and S21 typed/expiry?

Hi there, this follows on from a previous thread i started but is very concise and specific.

Firstly, for both a Section 8 and Section 21 form, is it ok to type the content (apart from signatures, declarations etc)?

Secondly, for a Section 8, is there a limit to apply to court for repossession after it the expiry of the notice? For instance, if the notice is for 14 days, how long have i got to apply to the County Courts after this date? I know this may seem like a stupid question but there is some logic to it in this case!

Thanks,

Swine

Type: yes

As long as the tenancy still exists and in the case of s8 the tenant is still in breach of the grounds you rely on, I do not believe there is a time limit on s8.
    There is no time limit on s21.
    All posts in good faith, but do not rely on them

You can search the forums here:

Comment

Just seen something that says s8 must be done within a year
      All posts in good faith, but do not rely on them

You can search the forums here:

Comment

Originally posted by Bel View Post
        Just seen something that says s8 must be done within a year
        Yes. S.8(3)(c): Notice has to advise T that "those proceedings will not begin later than twelve months from the date of service of the Notice."
        JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
        4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Thank you both. Jeffery, where can i get this information from? If it's the complete Housing Act, then i might get myself a copy and educate myself a little.

Cheers,

Swine

Comment

Originally posted by swinefever View Post
            Thank you both. Jeffery*, where can i get this information from? If it's the complete Housing Act, then i might get myself a copy and educate myself a little.

Cheers,

Swine
            See http://www.statutelaw.gov.uk/Home.aspx for all Acts of Parliament- but not amendwents to them.

(*: and it's 'Jeffrey'!)
            JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
            1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
            2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
            3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
            4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• what is current requirements for smoke alarm?
              daxu
              Hi,
              I have a one bed flat that is let out at the moment. I asked an electrician to change the fusebox to a consumer unit and asked him for a cost of changing my battery smoke alarm to a main conntected one.

What he told me is that I need two alarms, one smoke alarm and one heat alarm...
              21-07-2017, 10:02 AM
            • Reply to what is current requirements for smoke alarm?
              jpkeates
              The electrician is quoting the wrong requirements, as per Mr Shed above.

You need a Carbon Monoxide/Smoke detector unless there's an open fire.
              Heat detectors are a requirement in a kitchen in an HMO.

You need to test the alarm on the first day of the tenancy and agree...
              21-07-2017, 10:37 AM
            • Claiming for protected deposit
              mandm
              This is an interesting one, got me into a spin.
              Tenants signed AST but decided to leave after 6 months and 3 days (problem with moving) using the break clause in the AST. I protected the deposit using DPS (Insured) and returned the deposit minus deductions when the moved out.
              I served the...
              21-07-2017, 08:00 AM
            • Reply to Claiming for protected deposit
              theartfullodger
              You don't mention PI so should we assume you can't prove you served it?...
              21-07-2017, 10:35 AM
              jpkeates
              I don't think the solicitor is chancing their arm or that the allegation is false.
              The tenant has identified that you didn't give them the prescribed information and the solicitor is acting on that.

The penalty is likely to be on the low side (1 x the deposit perhaps - even though...
              21-07-2017, 10:35 AM
            • Reply to what is current requirements for smoke alarm?
              MrShed
              What a load of rubbish this sparky is spinning to you!!

A single battery operated smoke alarm on a single floor is absolutely fine.
              21-07-2017, 10:23 AM
              MrShed
              To be fair, allowing DPS to send the email is even worse, as this doesnt help you prove that they received it.

In fairness it doesnt sound like you did in fact give them the prescribed information...
              21-07-2017, 10:18 AM
              mandm
              Thanks Guys for your immediate response, i will write and will attach the confirmation email from the DPS to the solicitor.
              @AndrewDod I did not send them email, DPS did, i also asked them to post the confirmation to tenants but they said due to DPA, tenants needs to request that!
              Is there...
              21-07-2017, 10:03 AM
            • Discussion - GDPR and implications on landlords
              MrShed
              I've just posted something on GDPR and then wondered whether it had been discussed on here before - a quick search implies its never been mentioned.

I thought I would raise a topic to discuss it and the implications on landlords.In effect this is a replacement of the Data Protection Act...
              20-07-2017, 15:01 PM
            • Reply to Discussion - GDPR and implications on landlords
              MrShed
              Depends on the storage provider. The other problem is though that in a disaster recovery position, they usually fail this to somewhere else, out of EU - which puts you in breach
              21-07-2017, 09:50 AM
            Working...
            X