Small claim for arrears - how long should it take?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small claim for arrears - how long should it take?

I recently put in a small claim for my tenant's rent arrears and am somewhat concerned at how long it's taking...

3 Dec: I submit claim to court
    12 Dec: Court deems claim served on tenant
    27 Dec: Deadline for tenant to respond to court (he didn't do so)
    10 Jan: I submit request for court to enter judgement (having been told by them not do so until then as they had a backlog of paperwork which could have included my tenant's response)

28 Jan (today): I phone court to ask what's going on and am advised the following approximate schedule:

7 Feb: Court will write advising date of hearing
    19 May: approximate anticipated date of hearing

Does this sound normal? Can't see that I have any option to go with the flow, but don't know whether I'm being unreasonable in expecting things to move a little quicker?

"How long should it take?" he asks.

Now where did I put that string...?

Comment

Priceless

Comment

Originally posted by bagpuss View Post
        Priceless
        {For everthing else, there's A******n E*****s.}
        JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
        4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
          {For everthing else, there's A******n E*****s.}
          ??

Assuming the above is another facetious reply to my query, I think you're going to have to replace a few of the asterisks??!

Comment

Originally posted by Ericthelobster View Post
            ??

Assuming the above is another facetious reply to my query, I think you're going to have to replace a few of the asterisks??!
            Sorry; I was too subtly referring to the American Express advertising campaign.
            JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
            1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
            2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
            3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
            4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X