Assigning AST (T1,T2) where T1 leaves and T3 arrives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assigning AST (T1,T2) where T1 leaves and T3 arrives?

Just a quickie.
    Just let a flat to 2 in December. 6 month AST signed, Tennancy Deposit Scheme actioned. One of the tennants has now lost her job and can no longer take up the tennancy but she has found a replacement.

What is the best way to handle this?

Can I just add an ammendment sheet to the tennancy agreement stating that tennant 2 has been replaced by new tennant or do I need to action a new AST

Also what is the best way to sort out the TDS. One option is for the new tennant to pay the leaving tennant her share of the deposit, but can I just change the name on the TDS to reflect the new tennant. The lead tennant is still staying on.

A deed of assignment is one way of dealing with a replacement tenant on a joint AST without having to issue a new AST and which keeps the original terms and conditions in it.

Comment

Thanks,

Any idea where I can get one from

Comment

There is a forms and agreement section on this site. Google - I've come across a template posted for free on the internet.

Hopefully, more experienced posters will tell you how to deal with the deposit issue.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X