Repairs and Letting Agents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repairs and Letting Agents

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced letting agent who is prepared to assist me with repairing the flat prior to letting it. I would arrange this myself but am not based in the area.

Thanks,

Originally posted by babypenguin View Post
    Does anyone know of a reasonably priced letting agent who is prepared to assist me with repairing the flat prior to letting it. I would arrange this myself but am not based in the area.

Thanks,
    ...but what area is that, pray?
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
      ...but what area is that, pray?
      Obviously a different area to where the property is!

Comment

babypenguin now sees the area of his/her ways.
        JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
        4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

My apologies- I am very new to this.

The premises is in Northenden, Manchester.

Comment

Do you mean reasonably priced or reliable as these aren't always the same?

A cheap letting agent who doesn't undertake good checks on tenants before issuing them with an AST can be counterproductive when the landlord ends up with a poor tenant where they are locked into a long agreement.

See the info here about how to choose an agent. You should be able to visit the websites to find ones in your area.

http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/agents.htm

This forum is littered with threads posted by owners who have let to cowboy agents, including landlords finding out that their tenants have a history of eviction and CCjs for rent arrears, who let to the type of groups (students, HB claimants) against instruction. Other crackers have included someone who handed over keys to an agent to value it for market rent and who installed tenants into it before she had actually moved out her own personal belongings, etc.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X