Inventory Software

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Inventory Software

    There seems to be so much software out right now to help landlords manage their portfolios, but does anyone know of any to help create inventories? I find them so time consuming there has to be something around but I cant find anything?

    Cheers...

    #2
    What part of the process do you find time-consuming? Surely the reason it's time-consuming is that you have to go round the property and physically check everything --- there's no computer program that'll do that for you!

    Peter

    Comment


      #3
      Aha apparently there is… A couple of inventory firms use them, but understandably they won’t reveal their sources. Its runs on a tablet type laptop that has a program and forms easily constructed and almost halves the time it takes to do, you just tap and scroll, tap and select the options… Just trying to find it… No worries thought I would ask on the off chance someone did know... 

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Wrighty View Post
        Aha apparently there is… A couple of inventory firms use them, but understandably they won’t reveal their sources. Its runs on a tablet type laptop that has a program and forms easily constructed and almost halves the time it takes to do, you just tap and scroll, tap and select the options… Just trying to find it… No worries thought I would ask on the off chance someone did know... 
        Let us know if you find out where this can be purchased. I have a friend who has just set up her own inventory firm and I know she would be interested in this.

        Cheers.

        Comment


          #5
          How long are the inventories you provide?

          Comment


            #6
            Hi Colin,

            I found this, http://www.trytsi.co.uk it seems quite expensive and i have just scanned the site quickly. I think they try to sell the whole package including the tablet laptop. I think this is a tad too expensive for me but might be handy for her if she is setting up as an inventory clerk.. I will keep looking for just the software as i know its out there somewhere.. Good luck to her, i read that there is a shortage of inventory clerks so she could be on to a winner there!

            Cheers,

            Luke

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Wrighty View Post
              Hi Colin,

              I found this, http://www.trytsi.co.uk it seems quite expensive and i have just scanned the site quickly. I think they try to sell the whole package including the tablet laptop. I think this is a tad too expensive for me but might be handy for her if she is setting up as an inventory clerk.. I will keep looking for just the software as i know its out there somewhere.. Good luck to her, i read that there is a shortage of inventory clerks so she could be on to a winner there!

              Cheers,

              Luke
              Thanks for that, i'll pass it on.

              Comment


                #8
                Inventory Clerk Software

                Hello

                We are an inventory agency who have designed an inventory software for PDA's to eliminate all typing for inventory clerks. We have national coverage. Please feel free to call for additional information 0871 309 8353. www.bellwetherinventories.com

                Justine Cullum Head of Services

                Comment


                  #9
                  Touch Screen Inventory system!

                  Originally posted by Wrighty View Post
                  Hi Colin,

                  I found this, http://www.trytsi.co.uk it seems quite expensive and i have just scanned the site quickly. I think they try to sell the whole package including the tablet laptop. I think this is a tad too expensive for me but might be handy for her if she is setting up as an inventory clerk.. I will keep looking for just the software as i know its out there somewhere.. Good luck to her, i read that there is a shortage of inventory clerks so she could be on to a winner there!

                  Cheers,

                  Luke
                  Hi guys,

                  I have been using the Touch Screen Inventory system for 12months + and I thought it might benefit you to know that it is absolutely brilliant. I initially thought it was quite exspensive as well but found that they were very flexible with the costs. They allowed me to spread the cost over a period of months and they gave me a buy now incentive which was only £2500 if I paid upfront. (software only is about £1,000)
                  If you carry out as little as 5 reports per week then it's definately worth investing in one.
                  The system itself really is amazing, you basically enter the details of a property and can use the systems integrated vocabulary to select descriptions. You can also store as many sentences as you like and just click away when doing inventories. Photos are also easy to attach and I love the way you can just click a button and it generates a complete report for you in pdf format. I have also got internet set up with the tablet which allows my clerk to email the reports as soon as they are completed at the property. In terms of speed it is a little quicker then my previous method but I get so much more out of it. (i use to pay 18k per annum for a full time typist).
                  If you guys have any questions feel free to ask, also i have a very good relationship with the company, so I can ask thier Sales Manager to contact you if you like.

                  Regards,

                  Paul propertyproz@googlemail.com
                  Last edited by PropertyProz; 26-11-2007, 11:44 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Please state explicitly whether you own/manage (or have any legal/financial stake in) the software/firm that you are now recommending.
                    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
                    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
                    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
                    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
                    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

                    Comment


                      #11
                      It does sound like and advert for the system!!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Touch Screen Inventory system

                        Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
                        Please state explicitly whether you own/manage (or have any legal/financial stake in) the software/firm that you are now recommending.
                        Hi

                        I'm the director of Swift inventories, I have been using TSi since it was first developed and I admit that I have a friendly relationship with the Directors but only through using the TSi system for so long. I have no financial or legal stake in the business whatsoever I'm just recommending it through personal experience. I truly believe it's the best inventory system out there, trust me I've tried lots of alternatives and theres not much out there. You've got dictaphones which need typing and pen and paper reports which have the same problems and PDAs are too fiddly. You might find a better system somewhere and good luck if you do I'm just offering my opinion because I know the product and the company very well.

                        Regards,

                        Paul

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Thanks Paul, that answers the question raised very clearly and gives lots more kudos to your favourable report, as we can see that it's from a real user's perspective rather from that of the company's sales team!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by PropertyProz View Post
                            Hi guys,

                            I have been using the Touch Screen Inventory system for 12months + and I thought it might benefit you to know that it is absolutely brilliant. I initially thought it was quite exspensive as well but found that they were very flexible with the costs. They allowed me to spread the cost over a period of months and they gave me a buy now incentive which was only £2500 if I paid upfront. (software only is about £1,000)
                            If you carry out as little as 5 reports per week then it's definately worth investing in one.
                            The system itself really is amazing, you basically enter the details of a property and can use the systems integrated vocabulary to select descriptions. You can also store as many sentences as you like and just click away when doing inventories. Photos are also easy to attach and I love the way you can just click a button and it generates a complete report for you in pdf format. I have also got internet set up with the tablet which allows my clerk to email the reports as soon as they are completed at the property. In terms of speed it is a little quicker then my previous method but I get so much more out of it. (i use to pay 18k per annum for a full time typist).
                            If you guys have any questions feel free to ask, also i have a very good relationship with the company, so I can ask thier Sales Manager to contact you if you like.

                            Regards,

                            Paul propertyproz@googlemail.com
                            But surely at some point you have to start physically scribbling, well quite a lot actually. Like the scratches found on door handles, all the hundreds of niggly bits one finds. There won’t be a selection for those type of things for you to be able to tap and select would there? And also, does the print out work in the way the AIIC would prefer, as in, all numbered, columns available on the left side for comments at check ins etc?

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Wrighty View Post
                              But surely at some point you have to start physically scribbling, well quite a lot actually. Like the scratches found on door handles, all the hundreds of niggly bits one finds. There won’t be a selection for those type of things for you to be able to tap and select would there? And also, does the print out work in the way the AIIC would prefer, as in, all numbered, columns available on the left side for comments at check ins etc?
                              Hi,

                              You can write directly on the screen using a touch screen pen, i probably have the worst handwriting in the world and it still recognises everything I write.
                              If for example there was a scratch on the door, it's hard to explain unless you actually saw how it works but you can create pop up boxes to describe different types of damage. I use a sentence on mine that describes condition-measure-damage-position. When I click the sentence a box appears with a list of different types of condition, I select one then another box appears asking me to select the measure of damage, Once I click that another box appears showing a list of damages and then another box for position. If I applied this to a scratch on the door handle the sentence would read;
                              door good condition with heavy scratches on handle. (If you can't visualise the process then it may be best if you speak to the TSi guys yourself).
                              In reference to report format: I'm not sure but I think they offer bespoke templates at an extra cost.

                              Hope this helps

                              Comment

                              Latest Activity

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X