Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On term expiry, Landlord offers periodic let

Good morning,

Could someone please confirm for me that I am correct with the following thought process?

My twelve month tenancy on my property ended on the 30th October 2007
    At this point the agent offered periodic tenancy which i accepted.

Am I able to give one months notice on the 30th November to end my tenancy?

Thank you

xxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Assuming that you want to leave on the 30th December?, not a date that I would want to move!, its a Sunday and everwhere is likley to be closed if you need van hire etc!

Make sure that the agents recieve your written noitice on or befor the 30th November - try and deliver it personally to the offices and get a recipt. Failing that send it recorded delivery.

Comment

Remember the rules are that it's a minimum of one month's notice, to end on a rent day. As a landlord I would appreciate the tenant giving me more notice so that I have time to advertise, think about booking workmen in advance for refurbs etc to keep the empty period short. I always try to work with my tenants by explaining to them that I keep my rents lower than market average, I can only continue to do this if they understand that I run a business and need to keep my costs low to keep my rents low.

Comment

Thanks - although i am a little concerned about the Minimum statement. If the rent is paid monthly then I presume the notice is one month?

Planner - thanks for the advice. I will actually be moving out a lot sooner than the 30th december so no problems there.

LMT - I understand what you mean about the notice. You sound like a very reasonable landlord. Unfortunately, due to a 25% rent increase and my inability to find another property due to work commitments I had to take periodic rather than extend the tenancy for another year. I am going to move out a lot sooner though so hopefully this will help!

Comment

Originally posted by bex78 View Post
            Thanks - although i am a little concerned about the Minimum statement. If the rent is paid monthly then I presume the notice is one month?
            Yes, the answer to your original question is a simple and straightforward 'YES'!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X