Professional Inventories...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Professional Inventories...

Hi all, Thought I would just ask for anyone’s opinion on professional inventories. Do any of you use professional inventory services now more so then ever because of the new TDS etc? I have heard quite a few scare stories recently that make me worry about doing my own inventories as opposed to getting an INDEPENDENT inventory firm to carry them out just in case there are any problems at the end of Tenancy. Do the majority of landlords still do their own inventories? I do, but thinking not for long… Just after a few opinions really from people in the same boat… Cheers..

I used a very thorough inventory company, owned and run by one person but she has others working for her and office support. I had a newly redecorated property and she STILL managed to get 42 pages worth of detail. Granted it was spread out (to allow for any comments to be easily marked up) but still, she was extremely thorough and I know I wouldn't have been.

She was also available to be another witness in any court case to state the condition of the property at the beginning and end of the tenancy.

Well worth the money, I thought. It saved me the hassle of preparing the inventory, logging the condition, added a touch of independence, and as the tenants were informed they would pay for the 'out' and me the 'in' (I do suggest you do it the other way round and get the tenants to pay for the 'in' if you're doing it) it doesn't cost THAT much more and is well worth the peace of mind.

Comment

All the points you just made is exactly what i was thinking. Thanks for replying, i think Im going to go down that road.. Thanks again.. Luke.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X