Landlord Dissappeared Going on 2 Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Landlord Dissappeared Going on 2 Years

I have been staying at my home for about 10 years. My mom started out renting the home and our landlord always lived out of state. ANyway my mom would pay the taxes and then take it out of the rent. My mom passed in 2004 and my and my brother remained there and I took over all the bills. I was paying the rent just like my mother did and then in december of 2005 the tax statement came and I paid the taxes. I sent her a letter and copies informing her about it. My letter came back with return to sender on it. I called the number we had for her, my grandmother called and the people said she does not live there any more. We told them that we had sent a letter to her and that it came back. We asked them did they know where she moved to, they said no. I though she might have moved and I was giving her time to contact me. She has not contacted me and in December it will be 2 years. I am about to move and I would like to know if I can put this house in my name. Do you guys have any suggestions on what I should do?
    Thanks So Much,
    Demi

Originally posted by different View Post
    ...mom...
    ....out of state...
    ....mom passed...
    Bzzzt! You've just fired off my USA'ian detector: this is a UK forum and we don't know much, if anything, about stuff overseas...

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X