Builders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Builders

We require a builder to cover East Midlands and/or South Yorkshire... can anyone recommend someone?

The jobs range from small minor maintenance jobs to refitting a kitchen after a fire. looking for someone as soon as possible... ours has let us down after several chances!

Due to the number of properties we have in these areas we are loking for someone who can assist in general maintenace on an ongoing basis.

Thank you!
    GOVERNMENT HEALTH WARNING: I am a woman and am therefore prone to episodes of PMT... if you don't like what I have to say you can jolly well put it in your pipe and SMOKE IT!!

Oh and on a serious note... I am NOT a Legal person and therefore anything I post could be complete and utter drivel... but its what I have learned in the University called Life!

Builder...

The best builder we've ever used were these guys:-

www.mphbuildingservices.co.uk

Admittedly they tend to cover the South West, but you could try them for
    larger jobs or longer term contracts.

C.S.

Comment

Tim May

Lives between Leicester and Loughborough. Tell him I referred you. He knows me from the Trusted Tradesmen forum.

Comment

Builders must be like buses! you wait for one then several come at once!

Thanks to you both for your recommendations, we are at present covered in these areas but a back up is always esential! .. I can however make a recomendation for East Midlands if anyone wants someone!! Just Pm me!
        GOVERNMENT HEALTH WARNING: I am a woman and am therefore prone to episodes of PMT... if you don't like what I have to say you can jolly well put it in your pipe and SMOKE IT!!

Oh and on a serious note... I am NOT a Legal person and therefore anything I post could be complete and utter drivel... but its what I have learned in the University called Life!

Comment

I've just realised the date of your original post. It's the other reply that bumped it. oops

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Lodgers left without notice
            by Stew
            Try and look at this with a positive angle, at least they have left the house allowing you to re-let it when you can. They are not sat in situ and refusing to pay rent which would be far worse.

I was always told by another landlord there is no point chasing people that leave and don't pay...
            03-04-2020, 17:31 PM
          • Lodgers left without notice
            by hoolaholla
            I have 2 student lodgers, I am not at the property at the moment and their rent day recently passed and neither paid rent. When I enquired it transpires they have both vacated the property and are refusing to pay any further rent, their tenancy does not officially end until July. I have a 1 month deposit...
            03-04-2020, 16:52 PM
            by hoolaholla
            That isn't terribly helpful advice. I am enquiring as to my legal position and not your personal and moral opinion....
            03-04-2020, 17:29 PM
            by hamilton
            It sounds to me that you are financially over-extended, if you do not have the money in the bank to cover such eventualities. I suggest you sell up, and readjust your expectation of what life owes you.
            03-04-2020, 17:24 PM
            by hoolaholla
            I am confused by your response, are you suggesting that demanding another 4 months rent as per our agreement is the wrong thing to do? Why is it wrong if this was our agreement?
            EDIT: This was in reply to Hamilton who deleted his reply....
            03-04-2020, 17:23 PM
            by hoolaholla
            I was living there, but I have returned to the family home due to coronavirus. The house is now unoccupied, its alright for them to deny their responsibilities but I have a mortgage and without such a luxury. It is so unfair.
            03-04-2020, 17:12 PM
          • Reply to COVID-19: Court hearing section 8 vacated
            by Stew
            Given that not much can be done court wise re eviction this tenant's issues clearly had nothing to do with Covid could the landlord at least raise a money claims via the online service?

Assuming that the tenant does not have a valid concern with you as a landlord and the eviction would...
            03-04-2020, 17:10 PM
          • COVID-19: Court hearing section 8 vacated
            by syrbag
            A court hearing planned for 23 March for rent arrears vacated, tenant 5 months without paying rent, rent paid 2 months in advance. tenant not picking calls and not taking advantage of the COVID-19 situation. anyone in a similar situation and what is the best way to proceed?

'This...
            03-04-2020, 10:56 AM
            by jpkeates
            I don't know if you have a legally binding agreement or not.

If they signed a contract saying they would stay there for a period, they may be in breach of that contract.
            However, you would be entitled to compensation for any loss, which seems to be nil, it's very unlikely that the...
            03-04-2020, 17:09 PM
            by hoolaholla
            But where do I stand legally? Whatever the current crisis, we still have a legally binding agreement, no?
            03-04-2020, 17:03 PM
          Working...
          X