horror story re missing tenants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

horror story re missing tenants

1 month into new 6 months tenancy the female half ( breadwinner )dissappeared and with her the rent stopped.She left no address and would not answer phone. The male who is on benefit got part rent paid By benefit office I sent a form 21 to end tenancy after the 6 month period and sent letters chasing his part of the rent.3and half months on when arrears was mounting and I had promised court action he wrote to me saying he wanted to end tenancy on December3. I was relieved to know he was leaving early and when i rang him to discuss details, and arrears, he happened to say that he was not at the house. When I pushed him about this he admitted that he had left but refused to give me his address. I now had 2 missing tenants.I went to look at the house and looking throughthe letter box I spotted washing on the line.I rang up tenant and it slipped out that he had let a couple into the house to housesit. I went to house and left a note. The rang me and we arranged to meet. I met at hose and told them they had to leave today and leave keys with agent. I rang tenant and he arranged to agree termination of tenancy today. I have just received phone call fron agent. Office is about to close so she went to house.Noone answered.Washing is still on line and window left open, this despite a civilized discussion with this couple agreeing that keys would be handed ver today. I despair.

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X