Warrant/ attachment/ other?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Warrant/ attachment/ other?

    This is not really a Residential Lettings question but...

    LL didn't pay back deposit so I issued a small claim and he has ignored everything.

    He lives in a £1m house, owns two flats and has a good job in a popular magazine.

    I have entered judgment against him and am not sure how to proceed. Do I send in the bailiffs, get the money from his salary or from his back account?

    Can anyone highlight the pros and cons of these processes? Yes, I have scoured the hmcs!!

    Nope, yes and that's what I'm asking! You can get it from there account, salary or from the bailiffs. Which is the most successful?


      Originally posted by starlettings
      Did he not defend?
      Do you now have a CCJ on him?
      You should instruct the court to collect the cash, pay a fee to the court and enjoy!!
      ...and seek a Charging Order on his properties?
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).


        Originally posted by Skengland View Post
        Nope, yes and that's what I'm asking! You can get it from there account, salary or from the bailiffs. Which is the most successful?
        Bailiffs would be the most embarrassing for him, wouldn't it?



          I like the way you think, Peter. But, they are more likely to harrass his nanny.
          I spoke to her more than I spoke to him.

          I like the idea of getting it out of his salary or his bank account becuase those avenues are the most unpleasant for him.

          Charging Order on his properties? I'll have a look..

          Thanks jeffrey and Peter..


            Charging order on his property only means that you get the money if/ when he sells. No judge is going to force the sale of a £1m property for a charge that is relatively small.


              Well he does own two other flats...I like the idea of getting it out of his salary. Very humiliating


                Pardon my ignorance starlettings, but why would I do a land reg search? I know where he lives and the flat I lived in was two doors down.


                Latest Activity


                • Advice for tenant asked for big rent rise
                  by Renterthedragon
                  I’m a tenant facing a sharp rent increase and in need of advice.

                  I have a good landlord who agreed to a rent reduction last year because of ongoing maintenance issues and lower market values. However, I can only communicate with them through an agency.

                  Approaching the end...
                  18-05-2022, 22:10 PM
                • Reply to notifying utility companies of tenant change
                  by ash72
                  I've not found any short-cuts, as each company has their own quirks on dealing with this. It usually takes a couple of calls to a customer services person to provide the information, due to GDPR they wont say anything about the exiting T.

                  Some Councils, seem to have an online form you can...
                  18-05-2022, 21:21 PM
                • notifying utility companies of tenant change
                  by flyingfreehold
                  Does anyone have a shortcut? Right now we seem to have to hang on interminably long on the phone to provide details of leaver readings, put the account back in landlords name and then to provide new tenants' details when the place is re-let. Anyone know of a shortcut? We used to send out letters but...
                  18-05-2022, 21:10 PM
                • Reply to Single parent renting
                  by Hooper
                  I am not sure that it will make her feel any better but I suspect that the children are more of an issue than being a single mum. Friends of mine have been rejected from every family size house they have applied to. They are high earning professionals with decent references and ... two young kids 2...
                  18-05-2022, 20:28 PM
                • Single parent renting
                  by Dct
                  A friend of mine who is a single parent with three children is trying to find a house to rent. She has three children and recieves UC mainly to help with childcare costs, but despite viewing several houses and showing interest and showing she is more than able to pay rent, she has been turned down and...
                  18-05-2022, 16:32 PM
                • Reply to Single parent renting
                  by Hudson01
                  This may just be one part of it, as ' ash72' states there are a lot less rental properties now (and it will get worse in the future), rents have sky rocketed and a LL can simply pick and choose the very very best tenant. It has become even more important than ever to get the right tenant, this is due...
                  18-05-2022, 19:40 PM
                • Reply to Advice for tenant and section 8 counter claim
                  by Hudson01
                  As 'ash72' states you may be angry at the perceived way in which the landlord has treated you but do not mix the two up, If you wish to take on more stress after you have been evicted and may still be looking for a place to live...... which with a CCJ will be all but impossible, go ahead, but i would...
                  18-05-2022, 19:14 PM
                • Advice for tenant and section 8 counter claim
                  by Forgetmeknot
                  I wondered if anyone can tell me if it is possible to counter claim for damage, harassment, poss landlord breach in contract and emotional distress in a section 8 eviction.
                  so basically I’ve read online that i can claim for compensation which will go towards reducing my rent arrears but my solicitor...
                  18-05-2022, 16:30 PM
                • Reply to Let a house to local council
                  by ram
                  If you are in flats, with service charges, the buildings insurance for residential Landlords insurance ( the Landlord of the freehold, that insures the building ) The insurance company may well cease immediately the insurance coverage.

                  It happend to our block of flats ( I was the Co. Sec,
                  18-05-2022, 18:54 PM
                • Let a house to local council
                  by r3drum

                  Have a property which is currently marketed for rent ( 2 bedroom - fully renovated ). Been about 3 weeks and not had much interest shown.

                  Anyone got information or first hand knowledge around renting the property to the local councils or any other authorities which guarantee...
                  20-11-2019, 11:58 AM