Warrant/ attachment/ other?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warrant/ attachment/ other?

This is not really a Residential Lettings question but...

LL didn't pay back deposit so I issued a small claim and he has ignored everything.

He lives in a £1m house, owns two flats and has a good job in a popular magazine.

I have entered judgment against him and am not sure how to proceed. Do I send in the bailiffs, get the money from his salary or from his back account?

Can anyone highlight the pros and cons of these processes? Yes, I have scoured the hmcs!!

Nope, yes and that's what I'm asking! You can get it from there account, salary or from the bailiffs. Which is the most successful?

Comment

Originally posted by starlettings
      Did he not defend?
      Do you now have a CCJ on him?
      You should instruct the court to collect the cash, pay a fee to the court and enjoy!!
      ...and seek a Charging Order on his properties?
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by Skengland View Post
        Nope, yes and that's what I'm asking! You can get it from there account, salary or from the bailiffs. Which is the most successful?
        Bailiffs would be the most embarrassing for him, wouldn't it?

Peter

Comment

I like the way you think, Peter. But, they are more likely to harrass his nanny.
          I spoke to her more than I spoke to him.

I like the idea of getting it out of his salary or his bank account becuase those avenues are the most unpleasant for him.

Charging Order on his properties? I'll have a look..

Thanks jeffrey and Peter..

Comment

Charging order on his property only means that you get the money if/ when he sells. No judge is going to force the sale of a £1m property for a charge that is relatively small.

Comment

Well he does own two other flats...I like the idea of getting it out of his salary. Very humiliating

Comment

Pardon my ignorance starlettings, but why would I do a land reg search? I know where he lives and the flat I lived in was two doors down.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Advice for tenant and section 8 counter claim
                  by theartfullodger
                  'phone Shelter 0808 800 4444 for advice.
                  18-05-2022, 18:31 PM
                • Advice for tenant and section 8 counter claim
                  by Forgetmeknot
                  I wondered if anyone can tell me if it is possible to counter claim for damage, harassment, poss landlord breach in contract and emotional distress in a section 8 eviction.
                  so basically I’ve read online that i can claim for compensation which will go towards reducing my rent arrears but my solicitor...
                  18-05-2022, 16:30 PM
                • Reply to Is my estate agent misleading me?
                  by abimsalabim
                  As I said in the original post, the deposit is NOT in a Tenancy Deposit Scheme but, instead is being held directly by the Agent....
                  18-05-2022, 18:31 PM
                • Is my estate agent misleading me?
                  by abimsalabim
                  I am a Landlord and I have a company tenancy which has now come to an end. I did a check-in inventory before the tenant moved in and I have done a check-out inventory now that they have moved out, and there are damages to my property by the tenant. The deposit is being held by the agent and is not in...
                  18-05-2022, 14:15 PM
                  by abimsalabim
                  If the agent is refusing the mediate the dispute between the tenant and myself but, is instead asking me to go to court, what are my options in terms of penalising the agent? Apart from firing them, can I get compensation from them failing to provide their services?...
                  18-05-2022, 18:29 PM
                • Reply to Capital Gains Tax dilemma
                  by theartfullodger
                  You declare (online) and pay CGT within 60 days of sale. Depending on the numbers I would expect you to pay CGT. What records do you have of applicable costs, etc?

What you pay will depend on what CGT rules when you sell - v unlikely to be better than today, possibly worse. Covid,...
                  18-05-2022, 18:29 PM
                • Capital Gains Tax dilemma
                  by Ollyn
                  Hello

I am considering whether to sell my house which has been let for some time and need to see how I can best deal with CGT.

I lived in the property from 1984 until 2006.

From 2006 it has been occupied by tenants, now vacant and being renovated.

18-05-2022, 18:17 PM
                  by abimsalabim
                  Yes

Yes, I agree that deposit protection legislation does not apply and I happy to settle this dispute without trying to involve a Deposit Scheme

I understand where you are coming from. I do not have access to the company directly as all communication so far has...
                  18-05-2022, 18:17 PM
                • Reply to Single parent renting
                  by ash72
                  The reality is that there a fewer and fewer properties coming onto the rental market, as LL's are selling up, this unfortunately means that those left in want higher rents due to the burden of higher external costs (mortgages, licences, insurance, etc etc) This ultimately means that LL's can in some...
                  18-05-2022, 17:08 PM
                • Single parent renting
                  by Dct
                  A friend of mine who is a single parent with three children is trying to find a house to rent. She has three children and recieves UC mainly to help with childcare costs, but despite viewing several houses and showing interest and showing she is more than able to pay rent, she has been turned down and...
                  18-05-2022, 16:32 PM
                Working...
                X