Local authority's statutory Notices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local authority's statutory Notices

I have recently received an influx of Housing Act Notices following inspections by Gravesham Council and this is starting to cost me a fortune! Genuine issues I don't mind but recently have been ordered to replace all the windows in my ground floor flat as the tenant who is a single mother feels "victimised" by local anti-social behaviour. I wouldn't mind but the windows are only 7 years old and were signed off by a building control officer at the time, why should I now have to provide new windows under current regulations caused by the Council and police's inability to control ASB in the first place?? I think I'm the one being victimised and a pure case of discrimination I believe as I don't see every other landlord in the area replacing their windows!

Anyone else suffering this type of harassment?? The inability to raise further funding due to interest rate hikes is crippling my current cashflow position, apparently I can appeal but this costs £150 and god knows how much time off work!!

Another good one, I've just been slapped with a housing notice to contribute towards repairs on a front pathway which the council states is the responsibility of the house owners. The local search states it is the council's responsibility but can I get the Notice lifted, hell can I!!

Go and talk to your councillor. Housing Officers are sadly beyond the law. At least it seems they are issuing notices in English to you...
    The contents of this note are neither advice nor a definitive answer. If you plan to rely on this, you should pay somebody for proper advice.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to re-entry clause any use?
      by theartfullodger
      My post should have started... "I think that...". I could be wrong. IANAL
      13-08-2022, 17:34 PM
    • re-entry clause any use?
      by hospitality
      New tenant signed contract with LA for initial period 17/06/2022 to 16/06/2022. T was late with initial rent itself (paid in advance), i.e. only paid on 24/06 and took possession. T was again late for the next payment due 24/07. No sign of payment yet.

I understand S8 G8/10/11 notice can...
      12-08-2022, 17:32 PM
    • Reply to Replacing windows
      by Codger
      I would get the window firm to explain the process and benefits. Once tenants meet the tradesmen things run smoother.
      13-08-2022, 17:31 PM
    • Replacing windows
      by Worried landlady
      My tenant has a 6 month contract , I understood she had to give 2 months notice if she wanted to leave at the end of the 6 months ( what happens at end of contracts)but think new laws have changed this to 1 month.
      two windows are rotting - nothing terrible yet but wood is dropping off of one sill....
      13-08-2022, 16:07 PM
      by Worried landlady
      Royw
      thank you.
      i do need a refresher course on tenancy agreements as someone suggested. I had no idea that a short term agreement automatically became a periodic tenancy at the end of the sta. Now googled it all!!!
      yes, the agent did want to know what options to offer and yes there...
      13-08-2022, 17:06 PM
      by Worried landlady
      Ash72
      thank you. I shall take all your advice. It makes complete sense and I feel better now you’ve given me a plan!!!
      13-08-2022, 17:02 PM
      by ash72
      Don't offer any money, it's will just send the wrong message for next time. I would not do anything, until after the fixed term has finished, if the T informs you then fine, if not then mark the windows as a maintenance job, booking in the date with the T, the positives is that it will reduce the outside...
      13-08-2022, 16:56 PM
      by Worried landlady
      Andrew Dod
      thank you. I just wanted her to realise I acknowledge it could be a bit of inconvenience.
      13-08-2022, 16:55 PM
      by AndrewDod
      And anyway, why is "compensation" due for allowing a day of work to replace windows. Probably faster....
      13-08-2022, 16:43 PM
    • Reply to re-entry clause any use?
      by hospitality
      Aha, thank you for the clarification about the re-entry clause, artful.

DPT, the agent says they are surprised by T's behaviour as their checks say otherwise.. They are trying to find why T behaves this way & resolve before escalation- but the T is incommunicado. When pressed, the agent...
      13-08-2022, 16:43 PM
    Working...
    X