Evicting a tenant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evicting a tenant

I am about to serve a Section 21 notice on a tenant. She has lived in the flat since 7 Feb 2007 and was initially given a six month tenancy. This was not renewed and so she is on a periodic tenancy. The rent due on 7 Sept never arrived. I have called and left 2 voicemails and written with no response. I have been to the property twice but each time she is not in, although it is apparent that she is still living there.

I am looking to serve notice on her today and my question is - does the two month run from today so I would be saying she has to be out by 30 November 2007 or does it have to fit in with the payments date?

I hope to hear from someone who has done this before and can give me help.
    Many thanks

Originally posted by Jessie View Post
    I am looking to serve notice on her today and my question is - does the two month run from today so I would be saying she has to be out by 30 November 2007 or does it have to fit in with the payments date?
    Yes it should coincide with a rent payment date - your tenancy agreement should detail this. The S21 notice should be dated to expire on "the last day of a period of the tenancy" (usually the day before the rent is due). No room for any error on this at all as a judge will throw it out of court.

(Have a quick look at my current thread on dates of serving notice http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...ead.php?t=8001 which might be useful to you.)

Comment

Thank you, that is very helpful.
      Jessie

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X