Help! landlord losing will to live over bathroom issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buzzard1994 View Post
    Why of course? I'm afraid my sympathy is entirely with the tenant.

Shower trays are not designed to be "modified" and there should never be a "large gap". So the original work was bodged and you have been paying for it ever since but so have your tenants. Unless the kiddie is pouring water over the floor outside the shower a bucket is not the issue and is just an excuse for a botched job. Even if the kid was doing just that it would be hard to say what part of the problem was caused by the bodged shower. It's the classic buy cheap, pay twice.

I'd sack the agent, get a better job done by neither A nor B and try to keep the tenants as they sound to have been quite patient with a situation not of their making.
    AFTER of course because I would not want to establish the 'norm' as being tenants telling me who they will allow to do work AND who they will allow to do it AND what they will allow to be done.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterB View Post
      ... I would not want to establish the 'norm' as being tenants telling me who they will allow to do work AND who they will allow to do it AND what they will allow to be done.
      Yes, indeed.

Comment

Many thanks to all of you for your replies.

I do like the ideas of either the small bath (if one can be found that will fit in the existing space) or the sealed shower unit (I notice the company also has compact units that would probably be most useful)

I agree the tenants have been patient and, whilst I don't want to encourage a problem, they are on a statutory renewing tenancy so removal would not be a problem if I thought they were going to be belligerent long-term. However, I'm tempted to put this down to the long period of time they've waited for this job only to be told yet again that silicone is the problem.

Whilst this particular issue has been ongoing for far to long (and has placed a strain on my mental health) it's not typical. Where basic facilities are concerned I want to have them fixed and the tenant happy as quickly as possible. In this case the catalog of repeated attempts to get this fixed has driven me to distraction.

Many thanks again for everyone who took the time to read my post and provide me with the benefit of your experience.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X