Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gregpeck
    replied
    No, the TA is with the LL who left the flat for 15 days. Thanks mariner.

Leave a comment:

• gregpeck
    replied
    AndrewDod, thanks for the reply.

So... I was a lodger, although the landlord did not live with me?

I don't know the money. The deposit was 400 pounds. The damage is erosion of wood from the shower.

Leave a comment:

• mariner
    replied
    So you signed a TA with the flatmate?

Leave a comment:

• AndrewDod
    replied
    Sounds like you were a lodger.

Would be helpful if you explain what sort of damage we are talking about, and how much money.

But basically your route is through the courts, and depends on the agreement you have as to the deposit's purpose.

Leave a comment:

• gregpeck
    started a topic when is a tenancy a holiday let?

when is a tenancy a holiday let?

Dear all,

I am an ex-tenant in a deposit dispute.

I rented a room for only 15 days. There was another flatmate. I signed a handwritten document that stated I am using the flat as a "holiday let". I was not on holiday though. The flat is his residential home that he let out for only 15 days.

The handwritten agreement mentions the rent paid upfront and the deposit - nothing else.

He claims damages that preexisted and has not returned our deposit yet. There was no inspection of the flat before. What are my options?

Thank you

Q1 – Where is the rented property located (England / Wales / Scotland / N Ireland)?
    England
    Q2 – What type of Tenancy Agreement (TA) is this e.g. sole tenant / multiple tenant / room only?
    Not sure. Multiple tenant or room only
    Q3 – What date did current TA start dd/mm/yy?
    20 April 2017
    Q4 – How long was initial fixed term (6/12/24 months / other)?
    15 days
    Q5 – Does the TA state that rent is due weekly? / 4-weekly? / per calendar month (if so, on what same date each month)?
    paid up front
    Q6 – Did the TA require a tenant damage deposit to be paid? If so, on what date was this paid (dd/mm/yy)?
    20 April 2017
    Q7 – If your query relates to a notice for repossession from the landlord (a Section 8 or Section 21 notice) or a tenants's notice to quit to the landlord, please provide the exact date the notice was sent/received (dd/mm/yy).
    no
    Q8 – Does the landlord live in the same property as the tenant?
    no

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X