• Show
Clear All

• Mrs Mug
    replied
    Was this a type of Airbnb thing?

Leave a comment:

• gregpeck
    replied
    No, the TA is with the LL who left the flat for 15 days. Thanks mariner.

Leave a comment:

• gregpeck
    replied
    AndrewDod, thanks for the reply.

So... I was a lodger, although the landlord did not live with me?

I don't know the money. The deposit was 400 pounds. The damage is erosion of wood from the shower.

Leave a comment:

• mariner
    replied
    So you signed a TA with the flatmate?

Leave a comment:

• AndrewDod
    replied
    Sounds like you were a lodger.

Would be helpful if you explain what sort of damage we are talking about, and how much money.

But basically your route is through the courts, and depends on the agreement you have as to the deposit's purpose.

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

• to dishwasher or not to dishwasher
    n99
    Hello

I was wondering what the consensus on this might be.

We are thinking about putting a slim line dishwasher in a mid range rental property.
    The kitchen is really very small so a dishwasher can potentially:

1) free up work surface with a smaller sink and...
    21-02-2018, 20:13 PM
  • Reply to to dishwasher or not to dishwasher
    MdeB
    Is that really how long "dishwasher" has been a verb?...
    20-10-2019, 21:49 PM
  • Oven light not working
    artin
    Hi
    I have a new tenant, a fussy one. I had a new bed base and mattress delivered for him, the first day he moved in complained mattress is too soft so had to replace and lost money on the other one
    Then he called the grill in the electric oven is not working which I knew from previous tenants...
    20-10-2019, 14:54 PM
  • Reply to Oven light not working
    leaseholder64
    I must admit that it is one of my observations that generation rent has resulted in lots of unnecessary replacements.

On the other hand, replacement parts for consumer goods should be available for a at least 10 years, so replacing parts rather than the whole appliance is often possible....
    20-10-2019, 21:33 PM
    AndrewDod
    What a dreadful waste and environmental disaster that would be. Every appliance would have to be replaced when one small aspect of it became non-repairable. One would not do that as a normal homeowner (throw out perfectly good and safe ovens with a minor defect, a whole refrigerator with a small crack...
    20-10-2019, 21:05 PM
  • Viewing - Should I be concerned?
    Flashback1966
    I had a property viewing. The agency told me the prospective tenant is a woman. No one came. Agency was unable to contact the woman. I was about to leave, when about half an hour later, a man rang the door bell.

He was a heavily built Bulgarian man. He was well dressed and wearing a...
    20-10-2019, 17:03 PM
  • Reply to Viewing - Should I be concerned?
    AndrewDod
    Anyway if there is a broadband connection it would be worth setting up a £50 webcam in unoccupied properties....
    20-10-2019, 20:53 PM
  • Reply to Viewing - Should I be concerned?
    Hudson01
    Agree with ash72 i would not have allowed HIM in when i was expecting a female, i too would forget about squatting and be concerned about other criminal activities should it be let to them...... i would also be speaking with the agent to check their vetting procedures.
    20-10-2019, 20:43 PM
    artin
    The T said the mattress is still sealed, company said they won't take it back if used for hygiene reasons. I am still waiting for the refund, takes 2 weeks. It was bed base and mattress set deal, the base was discounted to half price so I have to pay full price for the base as I am keeping it plus they...
    20-10-2019, 20:05 PM
    artin
    I bought the same exact bed set base and mattress 6 years ago from the same place for another tenant and never complained. This T moved in and within hours he called the estate agent and told them to it's too soft and can't sleep on it and the agent asked me to replace it as if I am hotel, I did replace...
    20-10-2019, 19:48 PM
Working...
X