Fair damp related compensation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fair damp related compensation?

I'd say that it's my fault for letting the heating issue cause the mould.
    Just wondering how much to compensate for her mistress that's been damaged?
    She's leaving in august, as agreed.

A new mattress on Amazon can be bought for £70.
    Would 50% be fair compensation as she would have used it before?

Whoa, a bit more background please. Mistresses can be expensive.

Comment

I've not asked how expensive the mattress was.

The damp was caused about 6 months ago as the heating system didn't fully work in all rooms.
      I had that fixed after a month and also a piv unit installed.
      I only assume its still the same damp which must have penetrated the mattress and is just showing now.

She does keep windows open and is a clean person so I don't think it's her fault this came about now

She is leaving in 3 months but don't want to be sly and just not give anything

Comment

we could go round in circles trying to get the full information to determine IF ANY of it is YOUR fault, but it seems like youre happy to pay compensation. so offer what you want to !!

Comment

As you are going to gut the place ( at much cost ) via other threads, then offer £ 70, and tell her she can leave mattress there.

You never know what people will do if you upset them by not pandering to them occasionally ( Note - occasionally )
          People can find other faults if they think you are not being fair, even contacting the council about damp rooms if they feel hard done by.

You are going to lose thousands in lost rent while you refurbish, so £ 70 will not be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by mariner View Post
            Mistresses can be expensive.
            particularly if you have to replace them along with a mattress

Comment

I hope she's not a cruel mistress.

Also, £70 for a mattress. My back hurts just thinking about it...

Comment

Originally posted by Sunil235 View Post
                I'd say that it's my fault for letting the heating issue cause the mould.
                Just wondering how much to compensate for her mistress that's been damaged?
                She's leaving in august, as agreed.
                Will tenant be staying on when mistress leaves?

Comment

sounds like a case of domestic abuse to me!

Comment

Can't stop laughing! Sorry

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to BTL - Council Tax Bill - Ancient!
                      by Claymore
                      Well, having lived in the Borough for over 20 years, I know my local Council is exactly the same as this, hence me not being able to believe my eyes! The two week period was from when I actually bought the property, before tenants moved in.

Its a mere £56. Part of me says just pay....
                      23-01-2021, 13:39 PM
                    • BTL - Council Tax Bill - Ancient!
                      by Claymore
                      Hi

Today I have received a Council Tax Bill - I had to have a double-look when I saw the date. Its for a two-week period in July 2010! So, it's taken 10 years and 6 months to send me a bill.

As it is so long ago, I have no records to check to see if I had been invoiced previously...
                      22-01-2021, 22:59 PM
                    • Reply to How to advertise?
                      by landlord-man
                      openrent - very cheap to get on Rightmove - and dont need to use them for anything else (though referencing is cheap and effective too)...
                      23-01-2021, 13:03 PM
                    • How to advertise?
                      by bethy
                      We have a student house and flat and have only ever advertised them via the university's accommodation service. It's low cost, has no fees to students and to be accepted the property has to be a decent standard. I've just gone online to renew the advert for next year and got a message saying the service...
                      21-01-2021, 15:42 PM
                    • Reply to demand for 4 bed houses
                      by sm1 landlord
                      the demand where we operate is huge, we will have over 100 applicants within a week for a 3 bed house, the properties are of a high standard, tenants all levels of income and nationalities, surplus of flats but no houses being built

4 beds not many in our area for rent, they are in the...
                      23-01-2021, 12:52 PM
                    • demand for 4 bed houses
                      by sm1 landlord
                      question - our portfolio of houses are 2 and 3 bed

we are buying a fire damaged 3 bed house in a good area which lends it itself to doing a loft conversion due to the fire damage

how do others find demand for a 4 bed house, we do let to u/c claimants with guarantors and a family...
                      23-01-2021, 10:52 AM
                      by sm1 landlord
                      we will consider u/c tenants and the last 3 houses have gone to tenants on u/c (purely a coincidence, they were strong applicants with good guarantors and advance payments) but the LB of Sutton are incompetent and not professional in their dealings, icebergs move faster,...
                      23-01-2021, 12:46 PM
                    • Reply to Washing machine meter legality
                      by landlord-man
                      I have a washer and a dryer with a coin meter for each - shared by 4 studio flats.

I purposely went for a basic washing machine which gave a dial for a 30 min or a 60 min wash (other options are available but involve messing with buttons).

I then set the machine at £1 for...
                      23-01-2021, 12:39 PM
                    • Washing machine meter legality
                      by Dreamingofsea
                      i have a small hmo non licensable due to locality. It had a meter on the washing machine when I bought it but I disconnected it. I m finding that 1 tenant is doing 2 - 3 washes every day and so obviously is taking advantage of it and also hogging it. I stated in their tenancy agreements fair...
                      20-01-2021, 21:16 PM
                      by jpkeates
                      In which case, I'd be wary.

If you have a family in a house with a "spare" room, there's always the risk that they'll take in a lodger to offset the cost of living and thereby create an HMO without your knowledge.

Otherwise you are limiting your market to people on...
                      23-01-2021, 12:38 PM
                    Working...
                    X