Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interlaken
    replied
    They are young, reckless and stupid and so why believe the rubbish they spout. CCjs will plague their lives for years so go get one and leave it at that.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewDod
    replied
    Originally posted by dmk1198 View Post
    In answer to your op
    Yes,you could be sued for slander
    Don't put anything in writing
    Go to court and follow up ccj

That should mess them up
    I agree about getting a ccj., But come on..........

conveying straightforward facts in public has never been slander, libel or anything else of the sort.

Leave a comment:

• dmk1198
    replied
    In answer to your op
    Yes,you could be sued for slander
    Don't put anything in writing
    Go to court and follow up ccj

That should mess them up

Leave a comment:

• Solent Watcher
    replied
    I agree most strongly with TATEMONO. A tenant will generally tell you precisely what they think you wish to hear. You of course want you rent out thus has his foot firmly in the door. I never believe ANY paperwork provided by the tenant and always back check including does the employer actual exist! (easy to check google!!) We always (now) run a full check including financial as well establish why the tenant is moving!! Again as per TATEMONO we leave houses/rooms empty until we are confident that we have minimized risk. Sometimes they have been empty for a few months as that is cheaper than trying to evict a bad one!!!!

Leave a comment:

• tatemono
    replied
    Originally posted by KJV View Post
    THEY DID THIS TO ME AND I ACCEPTED REFS FROM EMPLOYER , ONLY NOW TO FIND OUT...
    well, there's the lesson for you to learn. Time to raise the bar for what you require to verify that tenants won't take you for a ride. Personally, I'd eat humble pie and realise that I've not done myself a favour. Never, ever take a tenant's word for anything without some kind of track record to back that up from a source you trust.

Get yourself a new keyboard and type yourself a nice new poster saying "No tenant is better than a bad tenant."

Leave a comment:

• Wright76
    replied
    If they leave with arrears then pursue a ccj.

They would at least have to explain where the ccj came from and that would lead back to proving they are unreliable and have rent arrears.

Leave a comment:

• DPT57
    replied
    Any half decent tenant referencing will attempt to verify the address given by the tenant by checking against credit data etc.

Leave a comment:

• KJV
    replied
    couldn't agree more

Leave a comment:

• AndrewDod
    replied
    Most sensible people will at least google prospective tenants. As long as you stick to absolutely straightforward and demonstrable facts without emotion(here is the claim form, here is the judgement) -- I would stick it up there. Any landlord who accepts a tenant on the sole say-so of an agent deserves what they get.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Trouble is that letting agents tend to stick their fingers in their ears when they get bad news about a prospective tenant, lest it put off the person paying them commission.

Leave a comment:

• KJV
    started a topic GOADED by young players.

GOADED by young players.

Hi evicting 2 tenants for non payment rent (section 8 ) . DOES ANYONE SEE ANY LEGAL PROBLEM IF I INFORM (WARN ) LOCAL LETTING AGENTS OF THE REASON THEY ARE BEING EVICTED . I ask this as they have goaded me by saying they will have no problem renting new property as they will just say that they have been living with their parents in past , so would only be able to supply references from employer. THEY DID THIS TO ME AND I ACCEPTED REFS FROM EMPLOYER , ONLY NOW TO FIND OUT THEY WALKED AWAY FROM PREVIOUS RENTAL PROPERTY WHOSE LANDLORD TOOK NO FURTHER ACTION.

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X