Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tatemono
    replied
    OK so have you done the sums over whatever period you're considering this for and assuming a stagnant market?

I would be very concerned that the money I made in rent would equal what I lose by selling at a price that is equivalent in real terms and therefore come away from this with absolutely nothing to show for my investment. And if you're borrowing to buy, you've got ongoing costs for the duration of that investment to factor in too.

Might be a good idea to post those calculations here for others to pick apart. I'm not the most clued up when it comes to this because I invest for reasons other than the bottom line, but others here would let you know for sure.

Leave a comment:

• lettingking
    replied
    Thanks for the reply. I do agree with your points. The properties I haven't increased much in capital but have produced good on going yields. The property is very much a yield producing property for a long term income. Most BTL now are yielding 5-6% this will be 10% plus. If I wanted a property with capital growth potential I would have to pay all more for it.

Thanks

Chris

Leave a comment:

• tatemono
    replied
    if you already have two BTLs and want to add to your portfolio why are you looking at a property which will be unlikely to increase in value? You're obviously in it for more than the short term, and if so, capital appreciation should be a serious consideration in any investment.

Leave a comment:

• lettingking
    started a topic Residential / Commercial Investment

Residential / Commercial Investment

Hi,

I already own a couple of buy to lets but want to venture into Commercial Property. I have come across a property with a shop on the ground floor and flat above. The property currently yields over 10%, ground floor is leased for the next 2 years up stairs for the next 4 months. I would like to know if 10% is a good yield for this type of property and can anybody point me in the direction of a good lender. Its unlikely the property will increase in value.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X