Smashed shower screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would agree with the above if the shower screen was safe and fitted with safety mechanism to prevent it banging off the sink.

It seems it is not and could be deemed a safety risk. Therefore, if tenant insists they want another glass door, my advice in signing a disclaimer still stands.

Comment

I don't think a disclaimer would do it. If something is fundamentally dangerous, (not sure this is) then I don't think a tenant can sign away their right to sue in the event of injury.

Comment

If you have to get a new glass door would a folding door work?

Comment

If they can't dpt then I would refuse their request to replace it with another at all then.

Comment

I had one of these at an interim report and the consensus here was that after the first breakage both the LL and T are on notice that here is an issue. It was an accident the first time and no one was hurt, so LL would replace. However, it would be sensible not to replace like with like knowing there is an issue. But if the T insisted then the responsibility for avoiding future recurrences would be theirs. Whilst I agreed that future damage to the screen would be down to the T, I disgreed with the like for like replacement as, like DPT57, I don't think it is feasible to sign away any rights due to injury.

In my case the LL replaced with a different type of screen thus avoiding future issues.

Comment

you dont reinstall a safety risk. Offer them one like this http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebas...m-glass-204457

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X