FoulSmell From Drainage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FoulSmell From Drainage

I live in a CouncilProperty.For over two years there is a foul odour emanating from bathroom and kitchen.This also occurs in communial areas and outside the property.After Years of reporting this the issue still exists.Please can someone help?The drainage issue is so foul I need to evacuate the accommodation when it occurs.

Have you tried getting in touch with the council's environmental health team, rather than whoever your normal point of contact is?

Failing that, have you tried getting a plumber in to examine the problem yourself...?

Comment

The Environmental Health Dept was the first port of call.They are the same council as my landlord.The man told me he could not find himself guilty and failed to ask me to keep impact,frequency diaries.I am on benifit,disabled and cannot afford a plumber I have a sick Cat too.

Comment

The other issue is ASB.I have a Brain And Spinal Injury.I have suffered four years of hell by way of earthquake type crashes and thumps by way of provocation by an alcohol user above.On Friday I paid£52 to have MyCat Treated for Terror as He Is Very Disturbed By This Extreme Crashing,The Ceiling is about7FT High with no soundproofing,This coupled with the sewage smell is crippling me with depression.I am happier asleep than awake.

Comment

I don't understand. Is this a council property? If not then could you explain the EHOs comment?

Comment

The EHO officer stated,"They Are Cheltenham Borough Homes,I Am Cheltenham Borough Council(The Same).I cannot find myself guilty"I subsequently made an official complaint at EHO in December,heard no response.Went yesterday met with same lady who said she would make enquiries.

Comment

Regardless that they are all from the council their duties are different and they all have a duty of care.

Have you enquired about being moved to more suitable accommodation? Have your neighbours also made complaints about the smell?

Comment

The neighbours were canvassed,when I asked I was told one other person is experiencing the smell.I subsequently spoke with a 90Year Old Lady in the block who told Me she has been experiencing it too.They told me to advertise the property on the Homeswopper scheme,this was bad business practice,I could not put someone else they This plus it could have grave implications on myself regarding the tennant I swop with(Repercussions,for not disclosing the sanitation issues)

Comment

There is a history of maltreatment of myself by this council.Prior to this the temp bb I was housed in had vermin openly running round the room,they did nothing.Then a dead body was found in the next room,the smell was foul and Lots Of Police,everyone then was rehomed in another temp bb.I was being harrassed there I Fled a few weeks later my SupportWorker phoned to get My Belongings.They said there was nothing left(drug addicts looked after the bb and had told me they stole stuff in this manner)I lost all MyFamilies,FriendsAdresses/Contacts,Clothing,Marathon Running Equipment,Stereo,Plants.Everything I Posessed.The council recompensed me nothing.

Comment

Re the sewage emissions(disrepair)and (Asb)I have written an AbatementLetter,asking both issues abate.TheASBwithin3Days.
                    TheDisrepair Sewage Smell within21Days.I can then by Law,lodge a complaint with TheLocalMagistratesCourt.This I have learnt from studying housing and vulnerable adult law.The smell issue remains,after over 2Years of comlaints,so I cannot envisage this letter resolving it.

Comment

I think you maybe need to speak to your support worker and see if they can help with your issues

I think your individual circumstances make it hard for anyone on this forum to help.

Sounds like a step forward that environmental health are looking at your case again though. Good luck

Comment

Afraid I am without SupportWorker Now,This Was Some Time Ago,But ThankYou.

Comment

The Building Regulations are not retrospective so sound insulation is not required to be fitted to properties that were built / converted before it was a requirement.

Contact your local Councillor regarding the lack of action by EHealth. Irregardless who the property owner / landlord is, EHealth have a duty of car to protect you the occupier.

ASB (I assume anti social behaviour). If the neighbour is harrassing you, then you need to report it to the Police as it is a criminal offence. If the neighbour is an alcoholic then they have their own issues as you have yours. If neither of you have support form Social Services who can mediate then, unfortunately, your options are limited.

Can I suggest you search out from Channel 4 news their recent interview with one of the CEOs of Google. Watch it a couple of times with your listening ears on.
                          There is always scope for misinterpretation.

If my posts can be interpreted in two ways, one that makes you feel angry and one that doesn't, I meant the latter.

Everyday is an opportunity to learn something new.

Comment

ThankYou.I did contact the LocalMP,Who took the history.I never did get a response.

Comment

I contacted The WaterBoard Today.They will attend within3Days(MuchRelief)Any faults found on Landlords Area Of System Will be enforced to be corrected.Some light at last.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                              X