EX324 - Orders to obtain information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EX324 - Orders to obtain information

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but this seems the most relevant thread I could find.
    I have a particularity difficult tenant on HB.

She refuses to pay her top up and is currently in arrears by £1400.
    She has also lied to me on multiple occasions, and so the decision to evict has come around.

My problem is how to recover the money.
    I am aware that she will go to her friends house in the local area if she is evicted, but that doesn't help me too much if I wish to chase her for the money owed.

I was doing my research and found that since she is not working, and does not have any assets that she actually owns, and her bank account is currently frozen, the only option I have is to find out about her financial circumstances.
    I am aware she has 2 banks accounts.
    She is a serial liar and has not worked for almost 9 years.
    She is known to other landlords in the area, for purposefully defaulting on the rent.
    She was in situ when I bought the property.
    I am also aware that she has a husband that lives at her friends house.
    I understand this sounds weird, but she purposefully arranges her circumstances this way to facilitate her free rental scams.

However, I read about the EX324 - Orders to obtain information, and form what I understand, I cannot use this until a court officially confirms that she owes me money, or even until the eviction process has actually started.

I just wondered if anyone had experience with this, and had any idea of the rough costs involved?
    I am aware the eviction process is £369, a bailiff is around £120, but to actually get the money back, I would need to know the details of her 2nd bank account.

I am aware that it is a court order, which forces her to attend court to answer questions on her bank accounts, I then also wondered what would happen if she failed to turn up in court because the court could not possibly go ahead in her absence.

I would like to say a special thank you for reading this as I am aware it is a long question and will require some extra concentration. Thank you!

You can download EX324, and the forms associated with it from here:
    http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.u...eaflets_id=231

The EX324 is not a form in itself, it is a leaflet explaining the process of obtaining information from a person who owes you money.

Comment

Put your energies into the eviction. It sounds like she is financially up the creek so I wouldn't cause yourself much more expense in trying to recover the debt. if there is nothing to recover from, you will get nothing more than a defaulted court order which is unenforceable.
      I may be a housing professional but my views, thoughts, opinions, advice, criticisms or otherwise on this board are mine and are not representative of my company, colleagues, managers. I am here as an independent human being who simply wants to learn new stuff, share ideas and interact with like minded people.

Comment

Yes, I read that document but it doesn't mention the financial cost?

Comment

Very true, but this person has ticked me off so much, I want someway to make her think not to do it again to someone else.
          (by attaching a CCJ or something against her, I would like to have that in her credit record so she cannot use that as a way to scam anyone else)

And even if she was forced to pay me £1 per month, I would rather have that due to the amount of people she has scammed)

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X