tenant getting ready not to pay rent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're right theartfullodger but alas I understand that courts don't look favourably on a claim where you haven't exhausted other means of resolution first - and 4 - 6 weeks is a typically accepted time to pay, 1 or 2 weeks may be considered too hasty.

On a totally different note: what are people's thoughts on right of access? I need to do an inspection near the end of the tenancy to then plan works after trouble tenant moves out, to minimise void period. On the basis that it's an inspection, can I with a minimum 24 hours written notice (it will be more like 2 weeks) proceed to enter if the tenant ignores my notice for inspection access? Obviously if they refuse then that's different, but I expect they will just ignore the correspodence in this case!

Comment

P.S. I am relying on this part of the Landlord & Tenant Act 1985 (11.6) to support my right to access even without explicit consent:

(6)In a lease in which the lessor’s repairing covenant is implied there is also implied a covenant by the lessee that the lessor, or any person authorised by him in writing, may at reasonable times of the day and on giving 24 hours’ notice in writing to the occupier, enter the premises comprised in the lease for the purpose of viewing their condition and state of repair.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X