X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

n5b - Clarity on Deposit Evidence Required

Hi Guys

Hoping someone can help.

Just filling in the n5b form and it asks for claimants address. When the tenancy commenced I used a letting agent different from the one I use now. So on the ast the address for the landlord is c/o old letting agent.

On the n5b form am I ok to put my (landlord/claimant) address as c/o new letting agent?

Thanks for any help.

I would put your actual address, as your agent probably won't accept legal notices on your behalf.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

I actually live abroad, and the letting agent is happy to accept legal notices - is it strill ok to put their address as c/o even though different from the ast

Comment

Yes, it's OK if the addresses are different.

You might have some issues if you have never formally notified the tenant of the change of address and they make a point of it.
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Thanks jpkeates. I did send the tenant a letter by post when i moved agent notifying them of the change and issuing them with all the letting agents details. Would this be considered formal notification?

Comment

Yes, that's almost certainly enough.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

nessa, did you actually state in T letter new Agents address replaced the 'AST address for Service of Notices'?

Comment

n5b - Clarity on Deposit Evidence Required

Hi Guys

Hoping someone could help with the supporting evidence for a n5b form.

I have tenants deposit lodged with the dps.

Section 7 of the n5b form requests:
                  ai)
                  • reference number - I take it that is the DPS's deposit ID?
                  • a copy of the Deposit Protection Certificate or Insurance Premium Certificate is enclosed - this I take to be the form from the DPS that has your repayment code on it.

iv)A copy of the TDS certificate is attached - is this the same as the Deposit Protection Certificate they mention in ai)?

Should I enclose the prescribed information?

Other than the above, the ast, the s21 (or 6A) and proof of service is there anything else I should submit?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Yes
                    DO NOT SEND tenant the repayment code!!! They will potentially (and probably) receive it from the court if you do so. Then you will be stuffed.
                    It is the form they should have been given the opportunity to sign.

Send whatever they need (briefly) to make it clear POI was served (ie their signature of receipt or proof of postage and possibly parts of the PI and refer to the rest)

Comment

Two related threads have been merged.
                      I also post as Mars_Mug when not moderating

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                      X