Tenant behind on rent and found out he was arrested and not returned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTC View Post
    CPR 6.9 requires a claimant (i.e. LL) to at make a reasonable attempt to locate the current address of the defendant if it is known that they are no longer residing at the last known address, and then if unsuccessful alternative method of service, before finally being allowed to serve at last known address.
    Whether CPR 6.9 applies at all is arguable. It deals with "Service ... where the defendant does not give an address at which the defendant may be served", whereas nearly all tenants will be subject to a tenancy agreement that makes express provision for service, so that the preceding rule 6.8 ("Service of the claim form where before service the defendant gives an address at which the defendant may be served") will apply instead.

Comment

have just found out hes been deported. have found they have been doing inusrance fraud with albanians for car crash and taking out huge money loans from payday lenders ow joy.

Comment

If you're sure about that, I'd repossess immediately and get his stuff into storage.
        The chances of anyone claiming illegal eviction are close to zero, and even so, you'd have a good defence.
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X