Can I ask for a doctors note

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry posted the above before finishing.
    But to say it also correlates with one of my contractual clauses. Like I said this guy is being a right pain to all concerned but Advice seems to be don't bother though I'll just add it in my witness statement so it is considered.

Comment

I took an executive decision and didn't wait for solicitor to get back to me. Have issued new section 8 with all the upgrades and appendices and have walked away from discretionary ground 14. Feeling much better about sorting that thanks KeepTheFaith maybe I should have payed you £60 instead of my solicitor. Even if he had ratified my original notice I would still be going into court with that element of doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by michael james View Post
        I took an executive decision and didn't wait for solicitor to get back to me. Have issued new section 8 with all the upgrades and appendices and have walked away from discretionary ground 14. Feeling much better about sorting that thanks KeepTheFaith maybe I should have payed you £60 instead of my solicitor. Even if he had ratified my original notice I would still be going into court with that element of doubt.
        From what I have read ground 14 sounds more trouble than it is worth and very difficult to gain. Also I think you must surely have a good chance of getting it on g8 with 6 months arrears!

Solicitors don't seem to get back to you fast unless you paying them £250 per hour 😏 I would have opted to go forwards with a robust s8 also than risk it, the old one may have got through ok but it's a long and costly way back to the beginning if it was to be chucked out at the hearing. So think you made right decisions.

Comment

Hello again,
          A lot has happened since my last entry. The police have been involved trying to have him sectioned but so far he has been admitted to hospital on day release voluntarily. He appears to have now emptied his room, but has left it locked (other tenants can see in his window), and I believe he may have been housed either by mental health or the council in the last couple of days, but he refuses to confirm that he has left his room or when he is leaving. His behaviour has been extreme ranging from assaulting one tenant to causing minor damage and trying to make the house uninhabitable by dumping rubbish in the living room and kitchen, switching off fridge etc.

Can someone give me a description of how to set up my court pack please as it has been some 6 years since I have been to court. I have gathered everything - texts, emails and evidence of anti-social behaviour - which will go into my witness statement. However the tenancy agreement, particulars of claim, claim form, proof of postage I remember presenting simply with a list of contents/index. Is this OK?

Comment

Do I send to the courts one copy of my court pack for the judge, and one for the defendant, and bring my copy in on the day? Or just send one for the judge and bring the defendant's copy in on the day with my own.?

Comment

Of course, but I guess he will continue to deceive you.

Comment

Hello again,
                A lot has happened since my last entry. The police have been involved trying to have him sectioned but so far he has been admitted to hospital on day release voluntarily. He appears to have now emptied his room, but has left it locked (other tenants can see in his window), and I believe he may have been housed either by mental health or the council in the last couple of days, but he refuses to confirm that he has left his room or when he is leaving.
                Can MJ not make a case for abandonment here? Or would he need to get a deed of surrender or something signed to do that? Anyone?

Comment

There isn't any such legal concept of abandonment (in this sense), so there's no case to be made.

It's a defence to an illegal eviction that the landlord reasonably believed that the tenant no longer resided in a property, but it doesn't end the tenancy.

The question is always about risk.
                  If the tenant has really gone and accepted that their tenancy has ended, the landlord repossessing isn't going to cause a problem in reality, because everyone shares the same view.
                  If the landlord repossesses and the tenant wishes to come back, that's an issue.
                  The landlord can run the process through a court and bailiffs and be 100% safe from risk.

So the landlord has to assess the risk and their view on that risk and act accordingly.
                  When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
                  Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Do I send to the courts one copy of my court pack for the judge, and one for the defendant, and bring my copy in on the day? Or just send one for the judge and bring the defendant's copy in on the day with my own.?
                    I'm going to court next month and had to send one copy of paperwork to the court and one to the defendant. If you don't know the defendant's address phone your court and tell them. They will be able to advise you.

Comment

Cheers everyone I'll check with the clerks at the County Court.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to MCOL & PCOL
                        by OS7
                        Just to close of this thread : telephone hearing took place and after a lengthy hearing - the defendants application to set aside CCJ was dismissed and a CCJ with an instalment order was ordered by the Judge. He said he saw no real prospect of the defendant defending the claim, however to resolve he...
                        30-11-2021, 05:44 AM
                      • MCOL & PCOL
                        by OS7
                        Hello Everyone,

Via Section 21,i have recently been granted a possession order for my property to happen in middle Jan 2021. The tenants are claiming housing benefit and they owe rent arrears and monies just under £7000 - I have applied for MCOL and now currently waiting to request judgement...
                        04-01-2021, 14:16 PM
                      • Reply to Letting Agent asking for commission of I renew tenants privately
                        by meyou5ick
                        I actually signed the terms in the beginning of the contract, and I have not witnessed this before but these guys had another page where they mentioned this. Now my issue is that given how abysmal their service was and me paying from my own pocket, I should have disbanded the contract then. The issue...
                        30-11-2021, 04:32 AM
                      • Letting Agent asking for commission of I renew tenants privately
                        by meyou5ick
                        Dear all,

I was letting my place to tenants that were sourced by this estate agent. The estate agent however misrepresented myself and misled the tenants about what's included in the monthly rental cost. The tenant had complained to the agent however, I had to pay for 6 months of services...
                        29-11-2021, 16:04 PM
                      • Reply to Am I a lodger or a tenant?
                        by AndrewDod
                        Even if you are an AST "tenant", you are tenant of Sarah, not a tenant of Sarah's landlord. If Sarah ceases to be a tenant that does not make you a tenant of Sarah's landlord (nor does any deposit you paid to Sarah have anything to do with Sarah's landlord).

Sarah's right of...
                        29-11-2021, 23:05 PM
                      • Am I a lodger or a tenant?
                        by Bert1e
                        Hello, I have a question about my legal status in private rented accommodation.

I live in a private rented house. The entire house is rented from the landlord by one individual (let's call her Sara). Sara has a bedroom in the house and a lot of stuff in the cupboards all around the house....
                        28-11-2021, 12:13 PM
                      • Reply to Letting Agent asking for commission of I renew tenants privately
                        by Hudson01
                        Did you use them on a tenant find service only ? If so then read the contract you signed and see what it says about what you are about to do, i use the tenant find service but then let the leases go into periodic, i pay the agent nothing and never have done, maybe if i signed another 12 AST a fee may...
                        29-11-2021, 19:44 PM
                      • Reply to Section 21 and Gas Certificate
                        by jpkeates
                        There's not normally an issue with the gas certificate timing other than the very first one.
                        That said email is not how you give people documents like that, unless the tenant has agreed to be served them by email.
                        29-11-2021, 18:16 PM
                      • Section 21 and Gas Certificate
                        by Mr. Sparkle
                        About 3 weeks ago I had a gas certificate issued.

I forgot to email the tenant a copy of the document.

I plan to evict the tenant with either a Section 8 or 21 and want to know whether there is any issue regarding the delay to give the tenant the gas cert?

There...
                        29-11-2021, 14:15 PM
                      • Reply to Section 21 and Gas Certificate
                        by theartfullodger
                        No idea if the GSC you have is OK or not (1st place, you don;t say) or what the timing is for when it should be served. So difficult to answer.

But...

s8 not an issue

s21 see
                        https://nearlylegal.co.uk/section-21-flowchart/

- there's...
                        29-11-2021, 17:50 PM
                      Working...
                      X