Good landlord eviction services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good landlord eviction services

Hi there, we are having to give our tenants notice and they are likely to not leave without taking it as far as they can! Subsequently we want to use an eviction service, can anyone recommend one (or tell us who to avoid!)? Thanks

Complete the old saying:

'If you want a job done properly...'

Comment

I wouldn't. It is easy yourself, and the professional services are not only extortionate (you think you have paid, but then discover that the payment only covers a tiny part) but do a bad job often I understand. My experience is only one, when I was too busy to deal with a particular situation. I used the best known eviction service and ended up firing them after numerous blunders.

Comment

I did my first eviction with the help of a solicitor, the solicitors fee was about £90 (which I was able to claim back from the tenants).

But.....I still had to do the actual work myself, the solicitor simply checked that what I was doing was correct made sure I dotted the 'i's and crossed the 't's. It's a bit daunting the first time, but once you've done one you realise there's not much to it.

Comment

My advice would be to join RLA and then use their services. They will fill in Section 21 and subsequent court papers for pretty reasonable sums and I found them very helpful when I recently went through this myself.
          You do need to get up to speed your self with the requirements for proper service of notice and the process is pretty long winded ( it took me 6 months in total to evict and that was using HCEO after the Court Order to speed things up) but it is not actually terribly complicated.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X