Landlord visits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have checked the tenancy agreement and it is a joint one, the agreement is for the whole property and we are paying 1/3 each rent and deposit. That may put me in a stronger negotiating position when we discuss the visits then as I am on good terms with my flatmates and they understand why I am not happy. They don't really want him round either -I think he is a rather overbearing parent. We need to man up and put on a united front. Thanks for the advice so far

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Smith View Post
      We need to man up and put on a united front. Thanks for the advice so far
      But that is the whole issue. If all parts of the joint tenant do not want the man around, then he attending as landlord (and inappropriately so). But otherwise he is attending as an invited guest of the tenant and the fact that he happens to be the landlord is totally incidental. So have they actually said they do not want him around? This is the first time you have intimated that.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Aiming to get a CCJ on ex tenant
        by Stew
        I understand you are upset but chase the person named on the lease, if they are together still it will impact the both of them so chasing for the CCJ on the named tenant will still impact the one not named as it will carry forward with them if they don't pay right away and when they try and rent again...
        29-05-2020, 18:55 PM
      • Aiming to get a CCJ on ex tenant
        by MadLL
        Apologies if I have posted this before, but I cannot find my original post, if I did indeed post!
        I rented my property to a tenant. I knew at the start of the tenancy that the partner planned to move in at a later date, although the tenant denied the partner ever moved in as I expect they did...
        29-05-2020, 17:30 PM
      • Reply to The tenant won't pay due rent
        by Perce
        DPT57

I agree and this is a problem. Very difficult to find someone you can trust that they would do a good job.

It looks like one has to become a solicitor first to be able to deal with solicitors. Solicitors forget half of the things you tell them, make errors, expect...
        29-05-2020, 18:52 PM
      • The tenant won't pay due rent
        by Uklondoner
        The tenant just told me he can't pay not even half and didn't apply for benefit probably doesn't know how to. He said I can call Police. What to do now? I know the government back people like him....
        18-04-2020, 18:34 PM
        by Hudson01
        I can not see you getting anywhere with the ex tenants partner but i totally agree you should chase the non paying tenant until the end of time, its is the previous landlords in not going after the arrears which then caused your tenant to be able to not pay you...... somewhere a stand has to be mad...
        29-05-2020, 18:38 PM
        by Perce
        Send your ex tenant a 14 days pre action letter first....
        29-05-2020, 18:33 PM
      • Reply to Section 21
        by Perce
        The tenant should move to a cheaper accommodation which he can afford....
        29-05-2020, 18:31 PM
      • Section 21
        by zrux
        Hi

My tenant was struggling to pay rent, they wanted to move to council house. And asked me to serve notice.
        I served them the section 21 Notice on 28Apr2020 and gave them 4 months to vacate the property on 31-Aug

Since then the tenant says he doesn't want to move out...
        28-05-2020, 13:18 PM
      • Reply to Section 21
        by Perce
        MdeB

The tenant should produce evidence that he is not paying rent due to coronavirus. Also it does not mean he should continue living in the property forever and not pay rent due to coronavirus
        29-05-2020, 18:30 PM
      • Reply to Existing tenant wants a dog
        by islandgirl
        I allow dogs in our holiday let and residential houses - but I like dogs which I think plays a part in the decision!
        29-05-2020, 18:27 PM
      Working...
      X