Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interlaken
    replied
    Confront tenant and say who is (person on bill). See what the reaction is. My guess is an alias for some reason - maybe benefit or other fraud.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    After my saga with the prostitute flat, I have only one suggestion:

Section 21 asap.

Leave a comment:

• Wannadonnadoodah
    replied
    Originally posted by Berlingogirl View Post
    That's my first thought. Great minds and all that......

Perhaps the bills are in a false name because the T is hiding from somebody, maybe an ex.

Why are you being contacted by UU and CT? It's very mysterious.
    CT contacted us due to one months arrears, the letter wasn't clear as we thought it was the current tenant not paying, it was us missing a month when we first got the property and they let slip who the 'tenant' was. Water contacted us as as they are concerned no one is living at the property.

Leave a comment:

• Essex-boy
    replied
    Ok so the rent is paid in full on time and at the market rate...... Keep a close eye on the situ but I would turn a blind eye.

'I know nuffin'

Leave a comment:

• Berlingogirl
    replied
    Originally posted by theartfullodger View Post
    He's not got another name/alias? (or was gender different...)
    That's my first thought. Great minds and all that......

Perhaps the bills are in a false name because the T is hiding from somebody, maybe an ex.

Why are you being contacted by UU and CT? It's very mysterious.

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    Would the subletting cause any issues with mortgage lender or insurance?

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    He's not got another name/alias? (or was gender different...)

Leave a comment:

• Wannadonnadoodah
    replied
    Section 21 would suffice as the tenancy is periodic.

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    Explain in the circumstances you feel you will need to inform HMRC & benefits agencies about the additional income your named tenant appears to be receiving. Unless he removes unauthorised occupants or otherwise demonstrated tenancy agreement or whatever he has with occupants. And could you have copies of his "right to rent" checks on occupants or you will feel obligated to inform home office (or whoever it is).

And serve s8 for breach of tenancy.

Could be much worse....

Leave a comment:

• Best way forward for a tenant sub letting a property

Had a call from the council regarding a council tax 'mixup' at one of my properties for an individual who I dont know a while ago. Subsequently had a property inspection with the tenant and the house was spotless, absolutely no issues. Rent is paid on time and requires very little ongoing work as it were.

Letter from the water company last week regarding the account of the same person as the council tax mixup, i.e not my tenant. Obviously something is going on but I can work out why the tenant is lying about being there and why he is subletting. The tenancy is periodic and the property is in a small Welsh town where the rent is at market value so I can't see the tenant doing it for financial purposes.

Collective wisdom as to the best way forward would be appreciated.

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X