Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buzzard1994
    replied
    if they have spoken to a solicitor they will have told them they are liable for rent until the end of the contract unless you agree to something else. Since I doubt they will pay you any more rent their deposit will go on that.

Advise them that you will accept their surrender of the tenancy when another tenant is ready to move in if they pay any fees associated with finding that tenant and rent until they move in.

Leave a comment:

• mariner
    replied
    IMO an ast break clause activation cannot take effect before end of month 6 of ast, and acceptable replacement is not a replacement tenant until he occupies property.

Leave a comment:

• Wright76
    replied
    If only it were that easy to get out of a contract!.

I would tell them to speak to their solicitor again.

Is there a break clause in the tenancy agreement?

Remind them that not only will they not receive their deposit until the tenancy has ended,but they are also liable for rent for the whole period.

I would advise you will accept their early surrender only when a new tenant is found at which point their deposit will be dealt with on checkout

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    They can move out any time they like but remain liable for rent to end of tenancy.

Thank them kindly for their proposal regarding the deposit but decline it.

Check your insurance on what you need to do with unoccupied property

Leave a comment:

• bcms
    started a topic Tenant moving out after 2 weeks, wants deposit back

Tenant moving out after 2 weeks, wants deposit back

I just want to check on an issue I have with a tenant. They signed a tenancy on the 1 st December this year and have now decided to move out today without any reason. The flat was completely refurbished when they moved in so there's nothing wrong with it.

They are now asking for their deposit back and said they have spoken to their solicitor. I highly doubt they have spoken to anyone about it and are just trying it on, but I just wanted to get some clarification on it.

The deposit is protected through the nla scheme whereby we have a separate deposit bank account where the deposits ago and then we register them through their site.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X