Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem Tenant

Hi all

I have a tenant who has lived in the property since 29th August and has only paid £500 since that day. She was down on her luck and I offered to lower the rent while she found a job and sorted out universal credit. The property is an annex attached to my house and the water, electricity and heating are included in the rent because it isn't separate to the main house.

I'm still waiting.

I can't afford to buy any heating oil or have the boiler serviced because I was relying on her paying me the rent on time.
    I'm self employed and have just started a new contract so I won't have any money until the 8th December. She is uncommunicative and although she has a job now, still no money is forthcoming and any enquiries by me is met with disdain and resentment.

She went to work today around 2pm, leaving two electric fan heaters on full blast, with her dog in the annex too. She doesn't finish until about 11pm.

Fan heaters are strictly prohibited on my landlords insurance but apart from that, it's irresponsible and a cheek when she's living in there for free.

Can I confiscate the heaters

Can you confiscate the heaters? That is not the problem.

You've been suckered in to 'helping someone' very charitable of you, but they are taking the mickey out of you, sticking 2 fingers up and living for free. Youre not the first, you wont be the last. Number one priority is to get them out ASAP, not the fan heaters.
    "I'm afraid I didn't do enough background checks apart from checking her identity on Facebook" - ANON

What I say is based on my own experience and research - Please don't take as gospel without first checking the gospel yourself.

Comment

Please complete & paste http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...ll-new-posters

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X