No Contract Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Lease is the verbal (unsigned) T Agreement between you and your LL.
    Ask flatmate to show you copy of what Agreement to which she refers.
    Could be your flatmates are sub-letting to you with or without their LLs permission or are blowing smoke in your eyes to prevent your early departure.
    How did you find the flat?
    A verbal Contract is as binding as a written one, just harder to prove, unless an unsigned draft exists.

Comment

mariner,

As far as I know the only agreement/lease/contract is this unsigned one we received. That is the only document.

The flat belongs to my flatmate's friend and/or her partner. We are all friends who viewed and moved into the flat at the same time, so there isn't any subletting being done by the other tenants.

Comment

So there is a written Agreement, albeit unsigned, that can substantiate the presumed T&Cs of the binding verbal AST.
        During fixed term an ind joint tenant can only offer surender of his share of joint T, which would require Deed of Assignment to another, acceptable joint tenant/occupant.
        After end of fixe term any joint tenant can serve NTQ to end TA for all joint tenants on expiry at end of rel rental period.
        You have no Right to leave during fixed term without LL expressed permission & terms compliance.
        LLs do not operate hotels.

Comment

The unsigned contract is possibly valid (presumably you are living in the property shown in the agreement and paying the rent indicated.
          The key thing is what you have all agreed between you, not whether you signed an actual document.
          So the fixed term on the unsigned agreement is probably in place.

What actually matters here, though, is what you agreed about leaving "early".
          That's what determines what you can do now.
          When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
          Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X