Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S21 Notice

I want to serve an S21 notice on my tenant

Am i right in assuming that i can serve it 4 months and 1 day after the start of the tenancy?

Would it matter if this day was a Saturday? Or would it need to be a work day that it expires on?

Which government link can i find the most up to date S21?

You need to provide more specific information for any meaningful advice. Please answer the questions in the stick post at the top of the thread.
    Any advice I give is my opinion and experience, I am as you also learning.

Comment

Originally posted by PavenPatel View Post
      Which government link can i find the most up to date S21?
      There's this very cool website called google that will help you greatly.

There's some limit to how much help it's reasonable to expect from other people.
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Google has several links
        With different s21s
        Does LL have the most up top date S21 anywhere?

Comment

That depends on details of the tenancy which you have not provided.

Comment

Yes of course
            Tenancy Start Date: 26th July 2016
            Expiry Date: 25th November 2016
            S21 to be served on: Sunday 27th November 2016
            4 months and one date after the tenancy start date
            Is this correct?
            Or should it never expire on a weekend day?
            Thank you

Comment

Depending on the method of service allowed in your tenancy agreement. , if its postal then give it two extra working days for it to be considered served so the two months starts from that day, If its hand delivered consider it served on Monday and the two months starts from then.

You need the form 6a.

Did you take a deposit, if so was the deposit rules followed?
              Did you also serve, EPC, How to let Booklet, Gas safe cert at the start of the tenancy?
              Any advice I give is my opinion and experience, I am as you also learning.

Comment

It can expire on any day of the week as appropriate. The date of service however will need to be a business day, to be calculated based on method of service.
                I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X