Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charliesugar
    replied
    Funnily enough I have just had to address similar issues on a property I own.
    The kitchen sink sounds like it may need a wire 'trap' instead of an actual plug. I actually got the plumber to replace the whole unit rather than just the top 'plug' part.
    http://www.diy.com/departments/wirqu...FUQC0wodHa4NUA
    You dont need the overflow part, just the waste unit.
    The light in the cooker hood should be fairly easy to sort out with a new bulb, but again this is something I checked and replaced before letting to new tenants.

Leave a comment:

• roxylouise
    replied
    Thank you for all the replys.
    Will chase the inventory tomorrow and will buy replacements for all the is needed.
    Thanks Mrs Mug for the link, I'll get one ordered now!

Leave a comment:

• DPT57
    replied
    Don't wait for the inventory to arrive before asking for these things. Make a list now but be prepared to compromise if, for example the landlord suggests it's easier for you to get a sink plug

Leave a comment:

• mariner
    replied
    If a move-in Inventory exists, it is in OPs interest to obtain a copy asap, amend, noting existing defects, and return within 7 days of receipt, keeping a copy of both.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs Mug
    replied
    Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
    Look for a universal / self seating plug for the basin.
    The link below is what you're after.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/JILTON-UNIV...ting+sink+plug

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    As above..

Take LOADS of photos of everything in every room just in case (surely not...) landlord, when you do depart in many years time, claims there were, say, 6 chairs in perfect condition rather than 4 scruffy with broken seats...Ideally take them date-stamped (some cameras do that..)

If really fussed drop landlord, copy agent, a brief, calm & polite, note regarding problem items...

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    Sounds a bit like the last tenant got a bit behind in maintenance and the agent/landlord hasn't noticed anything wrong.
    Just thinking back to the property I just let, I'm not sure I'd have noticed the light in the extractor fan, but the curtain and plug would (should) have been spotted.

They're things I'd expect a tenant to maintain, and so I'd just sort them today.

Look for a universal / self seating plug for the basin.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewDod
    replied
    Originally posted by roxylouise View Post
    Hi all,
    We moved into a new property at the start of the week, we love the property but just have a couple of questions, if we are unreasonable please say and we will accept that, it's just out of curiosity.

How long would be considered reasonable to take to receive the inventory? We have been told one was done the day before we moved in but hadn't been sent to the letting agent yet and they would email it to us once received, still not had it sent over.

The light in the extractor fan doesn't work, probably just the bulb but will be very fiddly to replace, I would expect to have to replace this if it went during the tenancy and use but not if it hasn't worked since we moved in (I may be wrong in that though)

Curtain in the bathroom window is covered in mould (despite a good extractor fan and a large window that can be opened for ventilation which I expect the last tenants didn't utilise.) Am I being too picky that I feel this should have been removed or replaced before us moving in?

There is no plug for the kitchen sink, we have measured and bought 3 so far and none have worked which is a bit frustrating, other than using a washing bowl in it all the time which we don't really want to do I don't know if there is anything we can do, anyone got any expertise in sink plugs haha?!

Please tell me if I'm just nit picking and need to get over it, like I said we love the property and have been given permission to redecorate to make it more like our home and just want to know if we take the hit and have to buy replacements or if it can be brought up with the letting agent due to these things being an issue on move in.
    In the same order:

This is not your problem and to your advantage. There is no reason for you to chase it at all unless there is some obligation in your AST regarding returning it.

Is the light an essential light? If just some pilot bulb it may not be 100% required to replace. Otherwise yes, it should be done if it is important

Curtain : probably a good landlord would, but otherwise just report and photograph, pack it away and get your own.

Plug: Ditto probably. Many people do use bowls. Just ask.

Every home (even the best home) has a few odd glitchy bits so make a meal of important stuff and just record the rest.

Leave a comment:

• roxylouise
    started a topic Questions regarding a new tenancy

Questions regarding a new tenancy

Hi all,
    We moved into a new property at the start of the week, we love the property but just have a couple of questions, if we are unreasonable please say and we will accept that, it's just out of curiosity.

How long would be considered reasonable to take to receive the inventory? We have been told one was done the day before we moved in but hadn't been sent to the letting agent yet and they would email it to us once received, still not had it sent over.

The light in the extractor fan doesn't work, probably just the bulb but will be very fiddly to replace, I would expect to have to replace this if it went during the tenancy and use but not if it hasn't worked since we moved in (I may be wrong in that though)

Curtain in the bathroom window is covered in mould (despite a good extractor fan and a large window that can be opened for ventilation which I expect the last tenants didn't utilise.) Am I being too picky that I feel this should have been removed or replaced before us moving in?

There is no plug for the kitchen sink, we have measured and bought 3 so far and none have worked which is a bit frustrating, other than using a washing bowl in it all the time which we don't really want to do I don't know if there is anything we can do, anyone got any expertise in sink plugs haha?!

Please tell me if I'm just nit picking and need to get over it, like I said we love the property and have been given permission to redecorate to make it more like our home and just want to know if we take the hit and have to buy replacements or if it can be brought up with the letting agent due to these things being an issue on move in.

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X