NEW AST. deposit protection question

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Two related threads (and several posts) have been merged.
    I also post as Mars_Mug when not moderating


      Provided AST contains a UK address for Service of Notices (prob Agent), that is all that is reqd IMO.
      Agent prob protected deposit in TDS Insurance scheme so they retain deposit/gain interest, but the interest currently will hardly pay the Premium reqd. You have access to deposit ADR for as long as it remains protected.
      As explained, change of LL address, increase in rent does not create a new AST, provided other details remain the same, even if a new AST is signed with same fixed Term. You are generally happy with property & LL, otherwise sign a new AST?
      Don't criticise our advice, when your it is your stated thoughts that are opinionated.
      Our advice is free, you are welcome to pay a qualified Solicitor to offer an opinion.


        I am starting to see why the landlady won't communicate with the op other than by text message!


          Agreed. With a baby on the way and an end of tenancy fast approaching I would be looking for ways to obtain a good reference and move on.

          It seems the landlord has already decided they have had enough and the op is aggrieved. That can be the only conclusion.


            Incorrect and opinionated advise

            But for the people who remain impartial thank you for your time.


              Originally posted by Pstacey1982 View Post
              Incorrect and opinionated advise
              But acually quite useful.

              Not everyone sees things the same way, and it's helpful to hear differing views even if you don't agree with them.
              If nothing else, it may be what your landlord is thinking.
              When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
              Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).



                Consider your position before you take any action,
                Regarding your first point about simply moving, you cannot do this without mutually and formally ending the tenancy irrespective what your landlady says in a text.

                Regarding your Issue with deposit protection, I can tell you from the reading your posts so far that your case is not a strong one. The Fact that the deposit was protected in the first instance and remains so now with PI served at least once makes your case very weak. Suing your landlady for any breach of deposit rules will require you to initiate proceedings and these can be both time consuming and costly, personally I don't see the award.

                Before you do anything see if you can find a property in your current situation look online and approach agents to see if you would be able to secure another tenancy. If that is a negative then you may be putting yourself in a risky position.
                Any advice I give is my opinion and experience, I am as you also learning.


                Latest Activity